QUALITY ANALYST CSI
Auburn Hills, MI
We have an exciting opportunity to work in Technical Services for a major OEM. We are looking for someone in the automotive management industry with experience analyzing data, predicting trends, and reporting out to senior management. We are looking for a strong thinker with great business acumen that is able to present complex data results.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Monitoring product quality & performance in the field
- Reporting product defects in technical detail with analysis to the responsible factory; select top market issues and prepare/follow up on FAP targets
- Providing diagnosis & service solution information to the Technical Helpline & draft Technical Bulletins for the field organization
- Monitor field quality through use of Warranty data, JD Power data, Internet comments, etc. to identify trends
- Prepare documents and report findings to appropriate factory (PCCs) for top market concerns
- Collect, review, and manage incoming failed parts in support of market concerns
- Act as a liaison between factory and field personnel for emerging issues and difficult to repair vehicles
- Prioritize, document, track, and report on market concerns from initial findings to final resolution
- Monitor effectiveness of implemented countermeasures in the market
- Ensure successful “Technical Launch” for all new models and major new vehicle systems
- Provide diagnoses and service solution information to the Technical Helpline and draft Technical Bulletins for the field organization
- Perform preliminary analysis on returned warranty parts and forward to appropriate factories
- Conduct workshop analysis pertaining to vehicle Body/HVAC components and systems
- Provide technical support to other departments such as, Parts, Customer Relations, Warranty, and Compliance (TREAD)
- Resolve unscheduled and unplanned issues
- Organize and support factory field surveys upon request
PRE-REQUISITES (MUST HAVE)
- Do you have a background in automotive management, OEM business analyst or have worked in the automotive industry?
- Do you have a college degree?
- Do you have experience in improving quality metrics on a vehicle?
- Do you have the ability to think outside the box?
- Do you have the ability to forecast and predict trends?
- Do you want to work in a place where what you do everyday actually makes a difference on a company’s CSI scores?
- Do you have strong PC skills (MS Excel and other MS Office applications)
- Do you have passion to what it takes to get the job done?
- Do you understand the basic automotive principles?
Our customer will not accept technicians whom have only turned a wrench. However, if you have turned a wrench in the past and/or understand the basic automotive principles and can answer yes to the entire list of questions above, you will be highly considered for this position.
If you have had multiple positions over the last 5 years, be prepared to explain why you have changed jobs so many times. This is not a short term contract. Many of our contract employees have gone direct with this particular customer and group. We have positions currently open today, and will be building pipeline for future openings. If you want to be consider for this opportunity you need to respond ASAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of computer databases, spreadsheets, presentation and word processing software (Business Objects / Microsoft Office Suite / etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of German and/or Spanish language
- Focuses on customer service
- Supports continuous improvements
- Aligns needs with solutions, demonstrates organizational acumen
- Leverages networks, communicates effectively
- Demonstrates and shares professional/functional expertise
- Demonstrates systemic thinking
- Shows commitment to quality
- Plans and organizes, prioritizes
- Gathers information
- Demonstrates self-improvement orientation
- Accomplishes goals
- Analyzes critical data, uses computer/technical systems
- Multi-tasks, maintains focus
- Displays professional integrity
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation, and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of computer software
- Integration – joining people, processes, and systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills, problem solving, resource management
Keywords: JD Powers, CSI, Quality, ASE, Technician, Engineering, Engineer, Quality Monitoring, Product Support Engineer, Market Research, monitor effectiveness, technical support, Warranty Analysis, Field Service, Parts, Repair Trends, Diagnostics, Business Analyst, Customer Quality Issues, Technical Bulletins, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Resolution, Factory Corrective Action, Service Engineer.