The NYSE Technologies Solutions Service Management team currently provide guidance and expertise on SLM and SLA strategy, principles and standards.
The purpose of this specific role is to both assist with the shaping and establishment of the SLM/SLA framework and to develop and deliver service management for the initial NYSE Technologies solution offerings run from North America.
The solutions in scope include, but aren?t limited to, a global real time market data solution for Convergex RealTick and an indices solution for Russell.This role is critical to the success of the overall NYSE Technologies solutions strategy and provides an opportunity to help build world class service management.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
The purpose of the service manager is to ensure that the solutions operational services and their performance are measured in a consistent, professional manner and that the services delivered continue to meet the needs of the business and customers.
The generic objectives of the service management role are to:
· Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of services provided
· Maintain open and constructive communications between the business and customer in relation to the services delivered
· Ensure that specific and measurable targets are developed for all services
· Alert in the event of likely service level breaches and assist in the development and implementation service improvement programs
· Working in conjunction with TAMs, Account Management and Project Management, monitor and improve customer satisfaction with the quality of service delivered
· Ensure that NYSE Technologies and their external customers have a clear and unambiguous expectation of the level of service to be delivered
· Provide feedback to the rest of the department such that SLAs, service reporting, products and customer relationships can be improved
· Ensure that proactive measures to improve the levels of service delivered are implemented wherever it is cost-justifiable to do so
· Participate in and assist with other service management tasks as requested as part of the NYSE Technologies management team.
Specific responsibilities towards include:
· Establishing and maintaining a close and trusting relationship with the Customers
· Understand the technology platforms and operating models which underpin each solution
· Build a relationship with the teams delivering the Market Operations, Listings, Market Surveillance and IT aspects of the services
· Agree service review agenda and schedule meetings
· Work with relevant teams to produce service review reports
· Hold service reviews
· Ensure the SLA is complied with operationally, alerting senior managers to areas of concern
· Facilitate service improvement programs where service levels or customer satisfaction are unacceptable
· Facilitate discussions with the Customers after a serious incident or failed change ensuring full and effective post mortems are produced and agreed
· For new customers, participate in the implementation project as an advocate for service and operation and ensure all support activities are completed satisfactorily
Use experience to make recommendations on efficiency improvements for the future ? especially in the areas of SLA commitments, reporting, documentation, processes etc.