Reporting to the Senior Buyer, the Buyer Assistant is responsible for purchase order creation, tracking, and close out. This position has a rotational on-call schedule for evenings and weekends.
The Buyer Assistant we are looking for is highly organized, enjoys deadlines, provides a high level of customer service, and has a sharp eye for detail.
- Administrative tasks, such as data entry.
- Attend meetings, prepare and issue reports.
- Develop and maintain files in an accurate manner.
- Assists with implementation of procurement strategies.
- Involved in developing positive vendor relationships.
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative functions as necessary.
- Post-secondary diploma in an administration field.
- 2 years of work experience in a purchasing environment; equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- Exposure to the oil/gas or road building construction industry would be an asset.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Motivated, strong work ethic and demonstrates the ability to show initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multi task, and adhere to deadlines.
We would like to sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd., but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stay in touch with Morgan Construction & Environmental Ltd.
Get job updates anonymously