Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data and market intelligence.
Additional information about our Company can be found at www.genscape.com
Our team of almost 160 employees at Genscape is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. We have offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Boulder, New York and Louisville, Kentucky.
Genscape is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer with 2-4 years of experience developing
Advanced Java and Rich Internet Applications using Flex. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to quickly come up to speed on the Genscape architecture and business domain processes. The Intermediate Software Developer must be a self-starter, a driven self-educator and a highly motivated problem solver. Candidates for this position must be effective communicators and collaborators – with their customers, peers, and management. Lastly, the Intermediate Software Developer must proactively and effectively communicate with their customers and IT peers to ensure the quality and timely delivery of their solutions (delivering on-time results is critical to the Intermediate Software Developer’s position).
• Work with an IT Director on all aspects of the software development life-cycle including; functional and technical spec. development, software design & implementation, and application testing
• Work with a creative, energized team to imagine and build solutions in support of business objectives
• Write software to implement business functional requirements and conduct unit tests
• Assist the testing group in developing integration and functional tests
• Modify code for product improvements and bug fixes
• Develop quality software that is easy to support and maintain
• A minimum of 2 years of experience developing Advanced Java and Rich Internet Applications in a business environment.
• Experience working within a disciplined software engineering process including requirements management, design, test, configuration management, and maintenance techniques.
• Qualified candidates must have an in depth knowledge of all aspects of developing advanced
• Demonstrated experience using the Adobe suite of graphical development tools, specifically Flex
• Strong understanding of the technical skills and knowledge required with respect to developing
Rich Internet Applications (RIA) including; Flex, ActionScript 3, and XML.
• Experience working with the Oracle and/or PostgreSQL database environments
• Demonstrated excellence in breadth of technical skills and knowledge required with respect to
• Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and implement them as needed
• Must be able to consistently deliver results on-time with a high degree of quality
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently or in a team
• Must be a self-starter, able to drive a project to completion
• When encountering complex challenges , must be able develop and implement solutions within a team-oriented environment
• Experience using the Google Maps API, or an equivalent RIA interactive mapping tool.
• Experience with one or more of the following platforms/technologies; BlazeDS, Mobile, HTML5, JSON, AJAX, JSTL, XML Schema, XSLT, PHP, Perl
• Familiarity with message-oriented middleware and event-driven programming patterns
• Experience using Subversion (SVN), Confluence, and JIRA for code management and team collaboration
• Experience with both the Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Experience designing and developing Web Services
• Ability to communicate complex technical details to a non-technical audience
• Familiarity with writing Technical Specs
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, or Engineering or equivalent job experience
Genscape is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability.
High IQ Coefficient