Genscape, a DMGT company, is a leading global provider of energy information for commodity and financial markets.
Utilizing patented technologies and proprietary algorithms, Genscape provides accurate & timely data on capacities, flow and utilization for all major energy commodities. The product offerings include real-time information services for power, natural gas and oil in North America and Europe as well as fundamentals-based market intelligence services which market participants rely upon to better understand drivers, risks and dynamics of regional power and gas markets.
Genscape is committed to enhancing the market activities of our clients through access to superior fundamental data and market intelligence.
Additional information about our Company can be found at www.genscape.com
Our team of almost 160 employees at Genscape is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment. We have offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Boulder, New York and Louisville, Kentucky.
· The Power Market Analyst Intern will gain exposure to the U.S. electricity markets and learn about market structure, generation, transmission, and demand, and how these factors can drive volatility in market pricing. Below is a list of potential projects the Intern will be involved with:
Summer Projects for Intern:
1. Study of Volatility and High Wind – compare and contrast effects on strong wind on RT and DA prices at various points in MISO
2. CIN/MINN Day-Ahead Pricing Model – help with the creation of a basic Minnesota Day-Ahead pricing model using historical trends
3. Compile Entergy Data – gather data on generation, load, transmission as well as pricing/trading info on Entergy ahead of them joining MISO in 2013.
4. Update Duke Move Presentation – assist in data collect on how prices have moved in both PJM and MISO since the integration of Duke Ohio/Kentucky into PJM.
· Keen interest or experience with the electricity markets, particularly in the U.S.
· Math, electrical engineering, economics, finance, or other major with a demonstrated quantitative background required. Knowledge and interest in probability and statistics preferred. Experience with quantitative finance helpful.
· Strong problem solving skills and an ability to work independently required.
· Ability to work with and analyze large data sets helpful.
· Programing skills preferred – particularly with SQL. High Excel skills are required.
Genscape is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability.
Qualified Intern candidates please contact:
Director of Recruiting
177 Huntington Ave. Suite 2100
High IQ Coefficient