We are seeking an experienced interaction designer to join our growing user experience team. Our team works collaboratively to implement, plan and refine industry-leading user interfaces for existing and new web-based, SaaS products and services.
- Drive development of web app interaction design from conceptualization to implementation.
- Define user interfaces for better user productivity, discoverability and simplicity.
- Produce design concepts, create wireframes and mockups based on business requirements, translating product strategy into design concepts that meet brand standards, user goals and business objectives
- Apply and evolve user empathy techniques including user research, usability testing, contextual interviewing, survey writing and evaluation
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely to peers and clients while quickly applying their feedback and direction, as needed
- Synthesize information from multiple sources including customer feedback to inform your work.
- Create mock-ups for internal reviews and usability testing.
- Maintain UI specifications such as online style guides and standards documents.
- Keep informed of new technologies, interaction design trends, accepted practices in web application design.
- Champion the user experience strategy and vision set by the UX team.
Skills and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors, User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and the software development process. Equally important is an innate sense of how people perceive and interact with software.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in design related field including interaction design, industrial design or human computer interaction.
- 5 + years Experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tier, web-based commercial software applications. Extensive experience with rich-client interfaces; preferably browser-based but thick-client is also valuable.
- Passionate about customer focused research and applying it to create effective interaction designs.
- Well-organized with strong communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously across multiple teams
- Motivated self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced, success-driven environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 4, 5;
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS Experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and creative problem solving skills
- working in an agile development process
- Experience designing mobile interfaces is a big plus
Stay in touch with Constant Contact
Get job updates anonymously