|Location||New York, NY|
Act as project leader in some of the dept projects (e.g. systems specifications,
tests and migrations).
* Working closely with Dept Manager in the ongoing development of processes
* Constant liason with all areas in the NY office, such as Middle and Front-Office, Compliance, IT, Finance and Risk, as well as Head Office (Products and IT Areas) to align, prioritize, specify, test and implement projects and identify new demands and opportunities.
* Serve as back-up for other Operations Analysts.
* Preparation of monthly indicators and MIS reports.
* Control and presentation of IT projects and issues
* Minimum Bachelor degree is required or equivalent in Finance, Banking,
Economics or Accounting.
* A minimum of three + years work experience in the financial market. Preference is given to those with a banking background.
* A minimum of two years of Project Management.
* Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel and Access.
* Ability to perform under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* Fluency in Portuguese/Spanish is a plus, but not mandatory.
Covers operations activities which are commonly found in financial services firms. Encompasses client facing / customer service, as well as internal processing / back office issues. Employees may be responsible for clearance / settlement / investigations, trade processing of customer and firm international and domestic securities transactions, or providing analytic / administrative support to traders.
UNIT / ROLE DESCRIPTION
Operations role provides a variety of support for the firm, including: Loan Administration, which covers Loan Agency, Loan Documentation / Processing and Traded Loan Closing; Control, which implements operational control policies and procedures; Customer Service, which handles external customer issues, on-going customer servicing for various programs, post sales support, operational issue resolution, and product implementations; and New Accounts, in which employees are responsible for opening new business and maintaining and reviewing documentation on existing accounts.
The Operations role can also include Funds Transfer, which processes all regular, restricted and legal transfers in support of the firm's business lines; Collateral Management / Margins, which daily monitors all margin accounts in order to protect the firm from losses due to non-payment; Corporate Actions / Income Processing, which processes, balances and reconciles positions related to mergers, conversions, and redemptions; Static Data / Data Management, which maintains reference data, asset classes and types, including security master data and pricing data; Reconciliation / Investigation, which performs daily or weekly reconciliations and investigations; Client Valuations / Pricing, which provides market pricing to clients on a regular basis, and includes source pricing along with generating and distributing valuation statements;
and Network Management, which maintains and negotiates clearance and settlement custodial services with agent banks or service providers.