|Location||Toronto, ON Canada|
|Salary/Pay Rate||70-90/hr IC|
Job Description: Position Title: Change Management Project Manager Line of Business: Corporate Technology PMO
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 6 months
• Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/sponsor’s needs and deliver on desired outcomes. The specific function being executed will be that of a Change Management Specialist/PM work with the line of business to coordinate business side activities – supporting a multi-year technical rollout.
• Bachelor degree in an IT-related discipline. PMP certification preferred.
• 3 + years Change Management experience.
• 8 + years experience Managing Projects.
Skills and Competencies.
• Advanced Stakeholder Engagement & Management skills.
• Advanced Business Communications skills. Ability to build and tailor verbal and written content for the needs of various audiences (Customers, Project Team, Sponsors, CIO’s).
• Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
• Ability to identify & plan business-side activities required to support technology delivery. These include but are not limited to:
o Communications planning
o Issuing Formal department communications
o Impact assessments of tool changes on user base.
o training development,
o training rollout,
o tool rollout,
o tool support,
o continuous enhancement & improvement,
o liaising with multiple stakeholders (8+ PMO’s) across the organization,
o prioritization of tool enhancements across multiple stakeholders,
o communication of tool enhancement plans
• Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
• Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
• Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio.
• Highly organized with good time management skills.
• Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills. Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the business side activities supporting ongoing technology product releases of a new Portfolio planning and management tool.
• Built a Change Management Plan that integrates the business activities with the technology rollout.
• Lead a team of business resources in supporting the platform and interfacing with the technology team.
• Work with various vendors to develop and enhance technology products including training.
• Interface with the Business team, Technology delivery team, and various customer groups – acting as the key point of escalation.
• Establish forums to assess enhancements required/defect resolutions needed and prioritize/plan accordingly.
• Develop integrated baseline project plans applying estimating models, identify resources and skills required, document estimating assumptions, refine plans and manage performance against them.
• Recommend best solutions based on understanding of business issues.
• Provide task-based schedule and cost forecasts and assist in assessing risk-based provisions.
• Capture and track program metrics and perform analysis.
• Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
• Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them.
• Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
• Manage project closure initiatives, such as client satisfaction survey and closure analysis.
• Document and archive project activities, deliverables, tools and findings for future projects.
• Sundry duties as assigned.