Sr. .NET Programmer/Analyst
This person will closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy / build recommendations. Has experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
- Work with business analysts or end users directly to translate business requirements (functional specifications) into technical specifications including screens, reports, menus, interfaces, integration points, and underlying configuration in support of business rules.
- Develop software according to prescribed SDLC - using high to low level languages – based on technical specifications and move into the production environment only after appropriate testing and approval
- Install software in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and/or system specifications.
- Perform maintenance, including installation of patches, upgrades and maintenance required to keep systems operational and as directed by management.
- Develop system test plan to validate the installed configuration and operation against detailed technical specifications, and review test results.
- Perform system migration, ITS staff training, operational support planning, and other activities required to move an application system from the test environment into the production environment for “go live”.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in response to alerts from monitoring tools or ITS trouble reports. Escalate problems to and status with vendors or other ITS staff as needed and in accordance with SOPs.
- Work projects through to completion while keeping project team members, stakeholders, vendors and ITS management informed of issues and overall status.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in line of business application development and support
- In-depth knowledge of or skills in:
- Applied knowledge of or skills in the technology marketplace and direction for technologies relevant to one’s areas of expertise or relevant to a specific set of project requirements
- Applied knowledge of or skills in approaches and formal processes for systems development or project management
- Platform skills required in order of preference:
- Technical writing (requirements, design documents, test plans).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
- Designing and developing application screens, reports and menus based on either internally developed Input and Output definitions or vendor specifications
- Coding applications including interfaces, data conversion routines, & batch processes using high level application development languages and tools.
- Developing or maintaining the interface between two or more systems or applications in order to provide for the exchange of data between systems.
- Applying bug fixes, security updates, minor upgrades or other system improvements that do not require re-work of underlying data structures or systems integration work
- Preparing system documentation that may include as-built system documentation, reference guide for operations and support staff, and user guide for end users
- Participating in planning, design, or implementation activities under the direction of project leaders while completing tasks in the prescribed time and reporting status or issues to project leaders
- Preparing system test plans that describe test cases, test data, pass-fail criteria for “go-live”, expected results, and how testing will be performed
- .NET 3.5/4.0 (C#, ASP.NET)
- Java Script
- Visual Basic
- SQL/TSQL including Stored Procedures