Dietary Manager (closed)
Gastonia Health and Rehabilitation, is seeking a Dietary Manager to be responsible for the management of the Dietary Department and personnel in a long-term care and rehabilitation center. The successful candidate will ensure quality food preparation and service to all residents and outside guests, while meeting all budgetary and dietary guidelines. The responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, directs, and supervises all dietary functions and partners.
- Responsible for the preparation and service of nutritious meals for all customers, considering any special diet requirements and individual food preferences.
- Responsible for meeting budget guidelines for food, supply, labor, and total budget and participates in budget planning.
- Responsible for food and equipment purchases,
- Interviews, hires, orients, trains, counsels, disciplines, and when appropriate, terminates dietary partners.
- Schedules work hours and assignments, and reviews and checks work assignments.
- Evaluates work performance and completes periodic evaluations of dietary partners. Maintains the personnel records of the dietary partners.
- May assist the registered dietitian in the gathering and organizing of patient nutritional information.
- Has a thorough understanding and practice of all regulations (local, state, and federal) which affect dietary including, but not limited to, patient care, sanitation, labor, fire, safety, and disaster and ensures continued compliance to these regulations.
- Participates in department head meetings.
- Inspects dietary department regularly to ensure that it is safe, secure, and sanitary.
In return, we offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and PTO that starts accruing on day one.
· Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED.
· Must be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association or a graduate of another course in food service supervision with 90 or more hours in classroom instruction with on-the-job counseling by a registered dietitian
· Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care or other related medical facility.
· Training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, or related training preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.