Branch Manager Denver Colorado (closed)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Branch. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, managing, marketing, hiring, developing, training, maintaining, and supervising a sales force of Loan Originators and support staff to maximize Branch revenue and profit.
- Ensure that all employees receipt and sign all appropriate new hire forms and complete all background checks and pre-hire paperwork. The Branch Manager is also to ensure that all new hires are reported to Human Resources prior to their first day of employment.
- Ensure that all loans originated/processed by the Branch are originated and processed in accordance with Waterstone’s guidelines, quality control measures, Investor guidelines and all applicable federal and state laws.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Branch and it’s employee comply with all Employee guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws as related to employment law.
- The Branch Manager is to inform Waterstone’s Corporate Office immediately of any and all events, incidents, occurrences, complaints, lawsuits, or other legal action, investigations or other material information or matters, including but not limited to incidents, complaints or reports of illegal, unethical or other inappropriate conduct.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing to ensure that all advertising and marketing meets Corporate branding and standards. This includes all websites and social media used by the Branch or any Branch employee that relate in any way to financing residential real estate.
- Provide Waterstone’s Corporate Office with a copy of all contracts to be entered into or developed by, for or under the direction of Manager in connection with the Branch, prior to execution of the contract.
- Partner with the National Branch Operations Manager to obtain and maintain any licenses, permits, or authorizations required for the operation of the Branch.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loans originated by the Branch are locked with the Waterstone Lock Desk in a timely manner.
- Maintain copies of all loan files originated by the Branch, whether or not the corresponding loan was closed, rejected or withdrawn, for a period of the greater of three (3) years or the period required by the laws and/or regulations of the State where the loan file was originated.
NOTE RELATED TO NON-PRODUCING BRANCH MANAGERS: Individuals in this position shall not engage in loan origination during the course of his/her employment with WMC. Loan origination is defined as (1) taking a residential mortgage loan application; or (2) offering or negotiating terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensation or gain.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for all Sales, Management and Administrative staff within the Branch.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) an 7-10 years mortgage loan or experience in a related industry.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Qualified candidates will be proficient in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), previous experience with Encompass a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good grammar and diction. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Additional language skills:
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Additional mathematical skills:
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS: Using excellent customer service skills which includes maintaining a good attitude, taking ownership of meeting customer needs, going the “extra mile” for customers, demonstrating a commitment to sharpening skills through education and training, using positive communication, and looking for opportunities to respect customers’ time and schedules.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Non-Producing Branch Managers: None
Producing Branch Manager: This position requires registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Individual must be in good standing with or be approved by NMLS in accordance with the S.A.F.E Act.