Pre-Sales Engineer, Mid-Atlantic, Infosec, Washington: DC-MD-VA-WV Area (closed)
Pre-Sales Engineer, Infosec, Washington: DC-MD-VA-WV Area
Pre-Sales Engineer ? Network Security Products
Our client, leading developer of Cloud-based Network Security Solutions and Services is seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer for its DC Metro territory. This position will focus on sales opportunities with commercial clients in the territory and will not require government clearance
The Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for supporting Regional Account Manager with technical elements of the sales process with both commercial clients and resellers. Previous experience selling SaaS-based products is highly desirable.
- Work with the Sales team in a pre-sales capacity introducing products and services while customizing solutions for the client?s business and IT requirements.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the sales cycle, and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Responding to RFP and RFI requests. Execute proof of concept and site evaluations.
- Conducting on-site technical demos, leading the closure of the sales cycle.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining advisory partnerships with high profile clients in order to define the direction of the company with regards to emerging technologies.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the assigned geographical region.
- Perform presentations in-front of both Technical, non-technical, and executive audience.
- Work with the training department, bringing partners? up-to date as required.
- Participating in educational opportunities in order to remain current on the firm?s products and industry news.
- Working on individual projects, while collaborating with the team to maximize growth.
- Develop strong Technical relationships with technical partners in the assigned region.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 2-5 yrs of presales experience or 5+ yrs within professional services roles.
- TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SMTP, HTTP, DNS, firewalls, routers & routing protocols, proxy servers
- Knowledge of SQL and experience developing queries and data extraction scripts for relational databases is desired.
- Network identity management systems like SSO, SAML, LDAP strongly preferred.
- MDA/MTA, MX records, SMTP proxies, Microsoft Exchange, and IMAP/POP3/SMTP/MAPI protocols.
Email: Stefanb(at) jpatrick (dot) com