IT Manager, Team Lead
Mississauga, ON Canada
My client is currently seeking an IT Manager, Team Lead to join their team full time. This is a great opportunity with one of the major Banks located in the Mississauga area.
- Key accountabilities include:
- Lead project teams to design, develop, and deploy quality solutions that meet client requirements and project objectives.
- Work with business and technology partners to identify, schedule and prioritize project activities to ensure the delivery of project solutions within budget constraints
- Conduct cost estimates for integrated projects
- Creation of detailed project plans and PMLC documents
- Detailed project planning, execution, tracking, reporting, and cost / risk management
- Assist with research and design for highly complex requirements or issues
- Responsible for proactively communicating resourcing requirements for development projects, highlighting issues, and recommending alternate courses of action
- Develop, implement and improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability and efficiency, and minimize production issues
- Collaboration with management team to manage the overall project portfolio
- Manage project financials relating to project budgets
- Collaborate with Business, other partners and external vendors
- Support a healthy work environment that promotes excellence in customer service, quality, innovative thinking and strong teamwork
- Opportunity for people management depending on applicant skills and career goals
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated experience.
- Experience in Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Project and PMO process standards, e.g. IAD logs, meeting minutes, status reporting.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to effectively interact with varying competencies throughout the bank (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent communications, negotiations, and organizational skills. Able to clearly articulate and deliver messages, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to act autonomously, to recommend, negotiate and improve processes
- Strong listening and influencing skills to foster an open, innovative, responsive, and professional team environment.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work on multiple projects with team that may be split between Mississauga and London locations. Some limited travel may be required
- Experience in managing projects in Data Warehousing, Unix environment, SQL, DB2, Cognos, SAS, Ab Initio an asset.
- People management experience an asset (May have up to 5 direct reports)
- Leadership skills: May have to lead upto 10-15 people max (contractors & employees)
- Should have strong Relationship Management, Negotiation and Organizational skills
- Strong SDLC and PMLC skills
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- College / University degree
- PMP designation would be an asset