Senior SAP BI BW Data Analyst
Prestigious Firm is seeking a SAP BI Analyst who can provide hands-on technical expertise within SAP BW applications in report delivery capabilities. Develops solutions using SAP BI and BO, works closely with project leaders and the business team to design, develop, and support solutions that meet business requirements. Strong demonstrated skills in SAP BEx tool is required.
Skills: Minimum 4 years of SAP/BW Workbench Development and BEx Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the business community as SAP BI expert in issues resolution, identifying and defining their BI requirements across all functional areas of the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to customers business needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in within BI governance standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately analyze information and make sound recommendations and decisions as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results.
- Demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting technical issues and on new version upgrades to ensure optimal system performance. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience evaluating business needs and developing technical designs.
- Ensures smooth integration and/or rollout of systems into the operational environment by coordinating closely with the affected functional and technical teams.
- Maintains proficiency in technology and tools to enhance productivity and quality of system development.
- Identifies and tracks issues, risks and action items.
- Plans and organizes development work and deliverables.
- Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
- Follows change management process as a product of systems implementations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory (prefer Computer Science or related field).
- 4+ Years of SAP / BW development
- Experience in Retail environment is strongly preferred
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend / implement effective solutions
- Proven track record for working effectively with technical and business teams including internal consulting, presentations and recommendations, and end user education
- Other software desired includes, MS Office products, MS Project and Visio
- Proven experience leading and managing a team is a plus
Skills & Abilities
- SAP Core Experience in BW 7.x & BW 3.5 and SAP BW Projects integrating any SAP Business Suites.
- BI 7.30 experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent working understanding of Major Data sources in SAP business suite for IS Retail, enhancement methodology of standard extractors, various methods of creating Custom Delta extractor with ABAP Function Modules.
- Hands on, in-depth expertise on various SAP BW data warehousing concepts, Objects ( InfoObjects, DSO, Cube, Multi-providers, Info-set, Data source, Transformation and DTP, ABAP routine, Process chains, Info-Spoke and Open Hub, Bex Query, Web Template, SAP BO Data Services, SAP BW Security and Analysis Authorization) and nuances of implementation.
- Ability to skim through Complex Business Process/Requirement, and translate into tangible design, starting from AS-IS or SAP provided out of the Box functionality.
- Possess excellent, hands-on SAP BW modeling and Data warehousing options and ability to solve a complex modeling or ETL issue.
- Thorough understanding of Process Chains
- Develop reporting solutions using BOBJ, Crystal Reports.
- Extensive experience with Sales and Inventory in a large Retail environment
- Perform performance analysis and tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- IS- Retail Experience is preferred.
- ABAP, VBA, Visual Basic and JAVA programming proficiency are a plus.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written to the IT team and business partners.
- Ability to provide end user support and identify issues as they arise.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the peers, management & leaders of the business area supported as well as within IT structure.
- Assume accountability and take ownership for ALL projects that you are responsible and involved in.