Systems Management Engineer
BravoTECH, a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks a Systems Management Engineer for our preferred client in their Dallas location.
Provide management, monitoring and capacity planning for critical systems, network and storage subsystems to ensure the systems are operating efficiently and at a high level of reliability.
The successful candidate must have proven skills and a strong understanding of HP Operations Manager 9.X, HP Network Node Manager, and in-depth experience with managing the configuration files on Unix, Linux, Windows and Sun Solaris systems.
- 5+ years of experience deploying, configuring, and debugging HP OM for Unix, HP Network Node Manager, Reporter, and various OV agents and SPI’s and Performance Manager
- Experience with Unix AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, and Microsoft Windows platforms required
- Prior experience with large-scale support environment is desired (over 1,000 nodes under monitoring)
- Prior experience with NNM 7.X, 7.5 Advanced, and NNMi 8.x
- Ensure proper monitoring coverage of all systems and applications by developing software and policy templates requested by the business
- Develop, deploy, and debug proper monitoring within the business to ensure service levels, error conditions, and corrections are properly implemented
- Understand the monitoring requirements of the business and translate them into functional requirements. Map functional requirements to OV solutions
- Understand host name resolution
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative troubleshooting ability
- Familiarity with any of the following systems beneficial
(Lawson, Siebel, Catalyst, Business Objects, TelAlert 6e)
- On-call rotation as well as non-standard business hours may be required