Layer 2 & Layer 3/Layer 4 Protocol Development
Skills :Layer 2 & Layer 3 Protocol Development Position
Experience : 4 to 13 Years Exp
Location : Bangalore
Please share resumes to email@example.com or please feel free to let me know if you have any potential reference.
Job Description: Software Engineer, Application Delivery Products
As a member of the ADP Development Engineering team, you will be contributing to leading edge product development and support of the Application Delivery product line. Brocade ADP provides industry-leading switching performance in an intelligent, modular platform. The switches enable highly secure and scalable service infrastructures to help applications run more efficiently and with higher availability—streamlining operations, increasing business agility, and significantly reducing costs.
Brocade ADP has two primary product lines:
The Application Delivery Controller (or ADC), which forms the mainstay, performing Layer 4-7 switching, Server Load Balancing, and other high-end application delivery functions such as TCP-offload, SSL-offload, Web Application Security, etc.
The second is the Application Resource Broker. The ARB is a server-based Java application that interacts with the ADC and other elements in the data center, enabling management and control for effective deployment of virtualization and clouds.
You will have the opportunity to participate in cross-functional teamwork with exposure to various facets of the software development cycle covering innovation, market requirements, product delivery and support.
- Design, develop, unit test, and deliver high quality components for the Application Delivery Controllers.
- Evaluate and tune performance of various product components
- Develop specifications and plans for all work, such as functional specs, design documents, and unit test plans
- Interact and communicate effectively with users of ADC products including QA teams and other functional teams
- Work closely with hardware engineering teams to design and architect new features/functionality
- Engage with customer facing groups, understand customer requirements, integrate into the products
- Execute with a focus on customer satisfaction by actively engaging and resolving customer issues
- Specific functional participation could be one or more of:
- Layer 2-4: Design and implementation of Layer 2-4 protocols and packet forwarding, interfacing and programming state of the art network processors.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in CS or related discipline.
- At least 5 years experience in software development with networking background.
- Strong technical background with implementation and design experience in one or more of:
- Layer 2-4 Development Team: Network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPv6 and Routing protocols like OSPF, ISIS, BGP. Strong programming and debugging skills on embedded system software in C. Working knowledge of multi-threading, asynchronous programming and network I/O. Experience on TCP/IP internals, IPv6 Stack and Layer2/3 packet forwarding is desirable. Knowledge of load balancing and associated technologies is desirable. Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, HTTP and other high level protocols is desirable.
- Good understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with technical and business English usage ( documents reading, e-mails, conference calls )
- Frequent use of mouse and keyboard
- Frequent phone usage
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds
Brocade is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Sunil Kumar M.S
Candidate Generation Lead-APJ