We're not a Surge and Purge kind of company:
For the last 30 years we’ve been building a world class engineering firm dedicated to providing high quality work done by high character people. As a privately held company we're run by people who are involved in the daily work and make decisions that are best for the company, not some disengaged board of directors or a group of investors that are only in it for the short term stock bump. We don’t surge our ranks to meet project needs and then purge the headcount when the project nears completion. We're a global company, but we’ll never forget that EDG was started by two men who wanted to form a company where individual efforts were center stage; where everyone’s voice was heard, and every person regardless of their role counted.
We're currently looking for someone with experience doing the following:
- Assist engineers and designers in resolving structural design issues.
- Interact with clients for Discipline Drafting related issues.
- Prepare layouts and designs for assigned projects from information and/or verbal instructions with little or no supervision required.
- Ensure that all Draft drawings adhere to Client, Industry and Company Standards.
- Possibly be utilized as a Checker of Structural Design drawings and or layouts.
- Responsible for keeping their Project Engineer and direct Supervisors updated on any and all concerns relating to their respective assignments and discipline.
- Be available for site and vendor visits as required.
- Other various project responsibilities as required.
- May be asked to monitor and mentor the drafters assigned to their project.
And has a background with the following:
- A recognized TAFE qualification or equivalent.
- Minimum Five (5) years of structural layout and design experience relating to Upstream / Downstream Oil & Gas.
- Working knowledge of Company 2D and 3D software (Bentley AutoPlant and PDMS).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Knowledge and ability to work with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Strong knowledge of AWS Symbols, AISC and HSEC codes and standards.
- Detailed understanding of the applicable Australian and international standards.
If you can relate to the way we handle our business and match the person described above then I think we'll both benefit from a conversation and I welcome you to contact us. You can start by emailing us at email@example.com
You can visit our career portal and apply to this position at: