Ecom Merchandise Manager
Fossil is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil’s vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through its two core businesses: the Fossil brand; and a multi-brand watch business. The Fossil brand is rooted in authenticity and a distinctive vintage-inspired design aesthetic. With over 400 stores worldwide and a strong global e-commerce business, the brand is internationally known for its eclectic assortment of lifestyle and accessory items including watches, handbags, and clothing. The Company also creates fashion accessories for a number of other owned and licensed brands including MICHELE, Zodiac, Relic, Emporio Armani, DKNY, Armani Exchange, Michael Kors, Diesel, Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, adidas, and Karl Lagerfeld. The Company is constantly developing its multi-brand portfolio through its core competencies in innovative branding, world-class design, and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil is searching for an established Merchandise Manager to join own rapidly growing e-com & catalog business. You will be part of a team which identifies assortment architecture for both online & catalog, site development and digital marketing objectives to meet the organization’s objectives for the Fossil brand, sales, margin, inventory turns, and customer service. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are imperative as you will have interaction with the wholesale teams, merchandising, Brand, Product Development, Planning (domestic and international) and outside personnel on a frequent basis.
Further key responsibilities include:
• Global merchandising focus: Identify business opportunities through analysis, market research, analyzing sales performance, competition and trends. Manage the business to deliver superior sales, margin results and inventory management goals.
• Link to Product, Brand & Creative Teams: Partner with teams throughout the business to develop and support assortment architectures which achieve financial and brand targets.
• Inventory Management: Reviewing and evaluating user demand and make decisions regarding quantity of stocked merchandise. Participate in managing receipt flow and financial Open-To-Buy.
• Manage and educate x1 direct report and be responsible for development and evaluation
• Globalization: Establish global process & best practices to efficiently execute to international business opportunities
• Ecommerce & catalog knowledge is essential
• Leadership skills
• Merchandising abilities
• The ability to collaborate within the business and quickly make strong relationships is essential
• Understands strengths, weaknesses, and strategy of competition.
• Dedicated understanding and passion fashion industry and trends.
• Excellent Retail Math and Excel skills.
• Posses’ superior presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven analytical skills, ability to adapt to changing business needs.
• Demonstrated success in working in a collaborative team, organizational skills.
• Minimum of 5 years driving a successful Ecommerce & catalog business is essential
• +7 years established experience in Merchandising or Buying
• Proven track record of excellent leadership and collaborative partnership skills are essential
• Proven vision for building line plans and assortments within a clearly defined brand.
• Vertical retail or specialty store background.
• Team Management & development skills are required
Fossil is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Anyone requiring special accommodations to our normal application process please email email@example.com and we will assist you.
At Fossil, we are committed to helping you meet the challenges you face every day, no matter how they change, no matter what part of your life is affected. Our benefits program is our investment in you as an important contributor to our success, and we're proud to offer a highly competitive package. Listed below are some the great benefits that Fossil offers:
•Medical, Dental and Vision
•Casual work environment
•Flexible spending account
•Employee assistance program
•Discount on licensed and Fossil brands Paid time off
•Discounted gym membership
•Free watch for new employees
Fossil is an American lifestyle brand, creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic design. Fossil stands for the optimism and creativity at the heart of American culture. Inspired by vintage design, we take the best from the past and update it for today’s consumers. Since 1984, we have shared our quality products with our fans as we celebrate living an authentic life. As we approach our 30th anniversary, we will continue to reinvent the best of vintage culture with a modern eye.