Chemical Engineer - Pontiac, MI
- Maintains complaint investigation log and performs investigations with help form other MFG disciplines.
- Summairzes complaint findings in formal reports. If needed performs 8D analysis by closely working with manufacturing, engineering, planning, and/or purchasing to determine the root cause and institute corrective actions.
- Analysis of closed 8Ds looking for trends and reoccurring issues.
- Handles distressed, obsolete and out of specification material. Looks for possible adjustments or workoffs.
- Maintains Salvageable goods inventory and investigates possible workoffs.
- Works closely with Quality Control and CBU Color Matchers for formula optimization by incorporation of adjustments into SAP formulation.
- Supports SAP formula maintenance by formula entry and updates.
- Maintains a safe work environment by observing safety rules to insure compliance with federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Complies with ISO 9001:2000 quality requirements.
A Bachelor?s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related technical field is required. A minimum of 5 years in a paint and/or coatings environment is required. Candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing & laboratory environment and be capable of wearing an air purifying respirator. To wear a respirator per OSHA regulations, candidate must pass medical evaluation and fit testing to qualify as a respirator user.