Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails (closed)
Who We Are:
My client is a Portland startup who is getting lots of buzz and growing quickly. They are a small team who work closely together, they move fast, and they enjoy what we do. They are evangelical about the cloud. Over 5000 companies use their platform. Come join the fun and build something big with them.
What it means to be an Engineer here:
As an engineer, you will have a huge impact on the way that their service is designed, built and delivered to their users. They are looking for generalists with professional software engineering experience. This isn't a "here's the spec, do this" type of a role. Instead you will be an integral part of small teams that are tasked with designing and delivering parts of our platform as well as new features.
We love solving problems - our focus areas surround handling big data, managing data quality & integrating vendor systems. Analytics is the core of our user experience - our goal is to help people understand their data.
About Our Tech Stack
They strive to write high quality code that manages complexity so they can develop and iterate quickly.They also hold weekly engineering meetings to review code quality and continually optimize our test coverage.
- ruby and git
- Ability to research problems and come up with solutions
- Perform ongoing bug verification, release testing
- AWS experience
- Deep understanding of relational data stores
Nice To Haves:
- Understanding of NoSQL concepts
- Configuration Management/Automation tools (Chef/Puppet)
- Good written skills
What we're offering:
- A competitive full-time salary and stock options. We want you to be excited to be a part of a startup, not starve.
- Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Optional FSA debit card to cover non-standard medical expenses.
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 paid leave days
- Friday Happy Hour and other fun company events
When applying, please include links to things you have built or commits to open source projects where you have contributed code with samples when possible.