Production Director, Audio (closed)
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication skills, proven experience in production, and a track record of shipping AAA titles to lead our efforts in creating epic audio for video games.
- Direct audio production while working with other franchise production directors on achieving game goals.
- Partner with the creative director of audio in defining scope and developing production plans which embrace and fulfill the aesthetic requirements of each project.
- Successfully partnering with other functional teams, such as finance, marketing, cinematics, licensing, and quality assurance to deliver epic gaming experience.
- Lead production in project scheduling, resource allocation, budgeting, setting appropriate priorities, task tracking, and problem solving.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership, and internal support organizations.
- Create and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- Involved in forecasting, budgeting, and resource management.
- Coach, and guide the rest of the production team toward achieving their career goals.
- Work with necessary teams to define and conquer any hurdles necessary to execute the game vision as defined by the game director.
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video games in a production role or audio director role
- Shipped multiple AAA products
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to grow, guide, and produce development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment, and manage multiple complex projects with various groups, such as creative development, marketing, legal, development teams, etc.
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated passion for computer games
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- A passion for sound and music in video games
- Avid gamer
- Higher educational degree
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) and a resume. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.