.NET Software Developer
Our client is looking for an experienced .NET Software Developer to join their development team.
Ideally the client is looking for someone who has developed/built apps - not supported or maintained
This is great opportunity for a C# Developer to broaden your career with one of the market leaders in the Capital Markets Industry. Joining the Capital Markets Technology group you will be working within a team environment to deliver new projects through the SDLC. This role will suit candidates with strong analysis and design skills who have a strong desire to work on demanding technology projects with continued business engagement.
The Capital Markets Technology group is responsible for supporting the Sales, Trading and Research. The Global Research Technology Group is seeking a Senior Application Developer to work on a number of key Capital Markets Research initiatives.
The Global Research team provides comprehensive, actionable research that delivers the right idea at the right time. The team provides extensive North American coverage with specialized products teams in Europe, Middle East and Asia. Globally based research teams allow for delivery of global macro insight, sector and company-specific concepts.
Key Accountabilities: As a Senior Developer you will:
• Liaise with business representatives and various vendors to refine requirements
• Provide high level estimates, creation of high level functional and design documents in accordance with the Project Life Cycle.
• Develop and code appropriate software solutions meeting architectural standards and best practices
• Provide on-going support to existing applications – trouble shooting and resolving production issues
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
• Provide input and direction to improve processes within the development function
Knowledge / Experience: Ideal Candidates will need to demonstrate
• Proven track record in application and web development with excellent programming capabilities across C#/VB.NET, ADO.Net, ASP.Net, LINQ, Design Patterns, .NET Framework v3.5, Web Services, RIXML or XML/XSL
• Strong knowledge of database management systems SQL Server 2005/2008 and Sybase.
• Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for .Net OR Microsoft Certified Professional Developer for .NET
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS/IT, or a related field
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to grasp and understand business concepts
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with business representatives
• Strong documentation skills across functional and design specifications
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment
• Working knowledge of the Capital Market process, equity securities, fixed income securities and derivative products
3-5 years Software Development experience using .Net technologies
Education Required: BA/BSc
Required Skills / Experience:
- Designed and developed web applications using C# and ASP.Net
- .Net Framework (3.5, 4.0)
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Data Structures - Generics
- Design Patterns
- Object Oriented Design/Programming (OOP, OOD)
- LINQ (SQL, XML, Objects)
- Lambda Expressions
If you have these skills and are looking for a new opportunity, contact us. Only those with the skills will be contacted