Java Developer- Chicago
The Firm is a widely recognized and employee-owned manager of hedge fund portfolios in the alternative investments industry. We are currently looking for a full-time Java Developer to join our Application Development team within Advanced Strategies. We are seeking an individual with extensive experience using Spring framework and hands-on experience building web applications to join this Agile team.
The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of software development ranging from solution design to unit and system testing. Our new Developer will interact with the other members of the Development and Database team to devise and implement these solutions. This position will provide various opportunities to discuss, identify and apply Java enterprise design patterns in building the next generation of decision support portfolio management system/ tools with a focus towards functional completeness, performance and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a relating degree within Engineering)
- 4-7 years of hands-on software development experience in Java and Java Enterprise platform
- Extensive experience with Spring Framework
- Experience in refactoring code and with configuring JVM (for both performance and stability)
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Familiarity with source control versioning systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A curiosity to learn new technologies
- A knowledge and interest in the capital markets
- AJAX experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts