User Experience Designer (closed)
Please apply at: http://bit.ly/124vIka
Are you the type of person who uses a product and immediately strives to figure out how you could design it better? Do you enjoy solving problems at a conceptual level, but also love figuring out the details when it comes time to make those conceptual ideas concrete? We're looking for a UX Designer to join our corporate applications UX team to do exactly that!
The UX designer will be working on internal applications that aid the company and our players with solutions that streamline efficiency, support game development, and foster Blizzard Entertainment's culture and core values in the workplace. The UX designer will collaborate with a variety of teams (customer service, game development, human resources, etc.) to design solutions that meet strategic business objectives while also creating a useful, intuitive, and epic experience for our users.
This role is best suited for someone who embodies the philosophy that UX design is centered around people, and that our goal is about getting things right for our users, not about just getting things done.
Through research, design, testing, and iteration, the UX designer will be involved in all phases of the user-centered design process.
- Help better understand users - Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research; create personas, analytics, process flows.
- Collaborate - Work closely with a team of stakeholders, business systems analysts, developers, and designers to guide UX design from start to finish of a project.
- Communicate Designs – Create meaningful UX deliverables such as storyboards, sitemaps, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, presentations that help the team understand what to build.
- Iterate – Revise and improve designs based on user feedback, research, tech constraints, business decisions.
- Deliver - Drive and support your ideas all the way through the successful launch of a project.
- End-to-end design of large-scale projects for heavily used desktop applications (CRM / customer service tools, enterprise / productivity software, etc.)
- Proven knowledge of desktop application design trends, patterns, usability, and best practices
- Experience designing applications for expert users with job-specific domain knowledge
- Serious passion for user-centered design and demonstrated knowledge of information architecture, usability, accessibility, interaction design
- Experience creating wireframes, low-fidelity and high-fidelity interactive prototypes using standard tools of the design trade (ex: Visio, Axure, Photoshop, Omnigraffle)
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams
- Able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, human factors or related field
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a UX designer, information architect, visual designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume, (iii) and url or pdf of your portfolio. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.