VoIP Senior Consultant CCVP (closed)
$90,000 - $110,000 compensation
VoIP Senior Consultants - CCVP
Extropy is currently recruiting multiple VoIP Principal Consultants for Full Time Employment, or Long Term Contract roles. VoIP Senior Consultants provide advanced level technical project planning, design and implementation of the VoIP solution. This position will assist the VoIP Principal in design development and provide “hands-on” technical configuration and testing of the Cisco VoIP solution.
Client's preference is for FTE employees, however, contract candidates will be considered for long term contracts 12 months with renewals.
Local candidates or those willing to relo only.
- Technical leadership and project management to customer with regard to Cisco Unified Communications solutions, data networking and operational requirements.
- Design and Deployment of Cisco UC solutions for various Enterprise client initiatives.
- Manage work of Network Services functions to include establishing objectives and work plans, priorities, tasks, and reporting on accomplishments. Ensure systems maintenance, support, installations, upgrades, performance monitoring, and storage administration, while providing expert-level functional guidance and direction to IT and client base.
- Manage, delegate, and empower staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities, when assigned. Ensure standardization of project management and systems implementation and support techniques and adherence to formal processes, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities.
- Interface with Program Office to develop project plans for data networking applications and infrastructure strategies to satisfy customer information requirements. Develop project plans to include weekly and monthly reports on project status, expenditures, and forecasts.
- Manage technical support, needs, and requirements between Network Services and other IT technical groups, including migration of new software releases, system upgrades and expansions, and general technical modifications.
- 50% travel required
- Demonstration of expert-level technical and tactical thinking, problem solving, and project management.
- At least 4 years broad and in-depth expert-level enterprise-wide experience and knowledge of data network engineering, specifically relative to Switched Ethernet, TCP/IP, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, LAN, WAN, VPN,as well as converging technologies directly and indirectly related to VoIP, CTI, and IVR, and all relevant utilities and applications. In-depth enterprise-wide understanding of implementing and supporting technologies, such as systems programming, systems utilities, middleware, web-based technologies, data center operations, and business continuity.
- At least 10 years broad and in-depth expert-level enterprise-wide experience and knowledge of carrier based communications provisioning and protocols in both public switched and private telecommunications networks including CAS, ISDN (BRI & PRI), QSIG, Frame Relay, and ATM.
- Strong understanding of Cisco Systems products.
- Strong understanding of Cisco AVVID including, Cisco Call Manager, Unity Voice Mail, IPCC, and ICCM as well as traditional network services hardware, software and applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of carrier based communications provisioning and protocols in both public switched and private telecommunications networks including CAS, ISDN (BRI & PRI), QSIG, Frame Relay, and ATM.
- Ability to facilitate the completion of work by individuals and project teams inside and outside the Data Network Engineering organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Ability to work and effectively communicate with executive, enterprise-wide and business unit IT management personnel, peers, and outside vendors is critical.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Large scale Cisco VoIP/UCC deployments
- Experience in a consulting role supporting customers on-site and off-site
- Willingness to travel and work at customer sites
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Office Suite
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong analysis and reasoning skills
- Ability to take initiative and provide leadership throughout a project
- Ability to be a member of a team and take direction from others
- Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop innovative solutions