Principal SATCOM Engineer (closed)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Making the Connections That Matter®
When a soldier under fire radios command. When a victim uses her cell phone to call 9-1-1 for help. When a driver is lost and uses GPS to find the way. When a parent uses his cell phone to check his child's location. When a friend texts to say she cares.
These are Connections That Matter®.
TCS’ innovative technologies make these connections happen. And in doing so, we have a positive influence on individual human lives on a global scale.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Lead SATCOM Engineer will assist SOF Communications system planners and engineer in the design and implementation of SOF global satellite communications network.
- Ensure link budgets provided meet the SOCOM mission requirements.
- Responsible for satellite network optimization to gain operational and price efficiencies as directed.
- Ensuring advanced modulation and coding techniques and other factors of optimization are consistent.
- 20+ years satellite communications experience to include, but not limited to link engineering and link budget analysis on commercial satellite fleets X, C, KU and KA.
- 5+ years planning and engineering a SATCOM network. .
- 5+ years SOF experience is required.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
This position is contingent upon contract award
Positions are based out of McDill AFB in Tampa, with possible deployment to Ft Bragg NC, Cp Smith HI, Patch Barracks Germany, and Al Udied.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer