AV/VTC Design Engineer (closed)
Job Title: AV/VTC Design Engineer
Location: Washington DC
Status: Active Secret Clearance
We are currently seeking an AVNTC Design Engineer with an active SECRET Clearance who will design, and specify integrated digital solutions --including but not limited to smart conference rooms, audio &video teleconferencing, cable TV, IPTV and digital signage.
Gather business, functional and technical requirements " Advise customer of technological trends " Advise end users of technical and functional options " Design and specify integrated AN solutions " Develop Rough of Order of Magnitude (ROM) pricing estimates Develop Bills of Materials (BOM) " Develop conceptual and technical drawings of solution designs " Provide guidance and support during fabrication and installation
- Extensive knowledge of signal flow for audio, video and control “AV component implementation and function”
- Basic network knowledge and understanding of network management systems " AMX touch panel programming *
- Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
- Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- Decision making, creative thinking, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with Architects, General Contractors and other trades.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Audio Visual project engineer -working on commercial-grade systems.
- Experience in current video-conferencing technologies and standards
- Experience designing Video communication infrastructure solutions
- Experience with Cisco Telepresence, UC Integration, and Digital Media Suite
- Bachelor's Degree (must have)
- CTS-D preferred Cisco/Tandberg Certification(s)