Front-end Engineer/Web Developer
Do you love working with highly scalable systems that are seen by hundreds of millions of people? Does innovating and creating engaging experiences using the latest technologies excite you? Then we want to talk to you!
We are currently looking for strong Front-end Engineers/Web Developers to create experiences that will take eBay into the future.
What will you do?
- Build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
- Innovate and make your mark by developing the future of commerce for web and/or mobile devices.
- Own the end-to-end product from design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and responding to customer issues.
- Discuss & refine your design, methods, and results with our team of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers to ensure every user has a great shopping experience on eBay.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members, and learn from other smart people in the team.
- Fast prototyping of experimental ideas
- The usual SDL activities – planning, prioritizing, experimenting, designing, coding, unit-testing, bug fixing, and site rollout, documentation, arguing for fun etc...
Are you a fit?
As a company we are transitioning from Java applications towards JS and Node. With that being said, we are looking for folks with experience working on user facing and JS-based web apps who can help shape our architecture and what web application engineers are at ebay in the future. We need people who bridge the gap between Java and UIE; application engineers who are passionate about products and experiences!
- Experience in defining, designing, and implementing User Interfaces for large scale systems, preferably for high performance, high traffic, high availability, consumer facing web applications.
- Strong experience and grasp of user interface fundamentals, site speed or performance tuning, memory usage optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of MVC, OO programming design paradigms such as Java (will also consider C++, C#, but coding will be done in Java – at a minimum need to be able to read, modify and debug)
- Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving skills)
- Open Source projects and startup experience is a plus
Please watch Bill Scott’s Fluent Talk to learn more about our technology shift at our companies:http://bit.ly/1g4QMsv
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.