Front-end Engineer/Web Developer (closed)
Do you love working with highly scalable systems that are seen by hundreds of millions of people? Does innovating and creating engaging experiences using the latest technologies excite you? Then we want to talk to you!
We are currently looking for strong Front-end Engineers/Web Developers to create experiences that will take eBay into the future.
Teams you could work on may include:
- Seller experience: improving and streamlining the sellers experience to make it easier for our sellers to onboard and manage their inventory, feedback, etc...
- Live Auction: creating a brand new live auction platform
- Mobile Web: making our ebay.com web experience feel more like a native mobile app.
- Checkout: reimagine our checkout experience, seamless integration with PayPal and incorporate our ebay now experience/workflow.
- My ebay: reimagine our my ebay pages (your profile on our site), this is the 2nd most visited area on our site.
- Content Platform: improving and streamlining the ebay buying guide, viewing pages, product reviews and working on various widgets that are found across our site.
- SEO/Social Innovation: finding innovative ways to integrate social media across our site to drive new users to us.
- Collections (allows for remote work): very similar to Pinterest, but for ebay only and you can purchase everything you see. You would be building new features for this product.
- Commerce Experience: Make it easier for our customers to sign on and register using social media, create a progressive checkout.
What will you do?
- Innovate and make your mark by developing the future of commerce for multi-screens (web, tablets, andphones).
- Build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
- The usual SDL activities – planning, prioritizing, experimenting, designing, coding, unit-testing, bug fixing, and site rollout, documentation, arguing for fun etc...
- Own the end-to-end product from system design to implementation, including the responsibilities for code roll-out and responding to customer issues.
- Discuss & refine your design, methods, and results with our team of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers to ensure every user has a great shopping experience on eBay.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members, and learn from other smart people in the team.
- Fast prototyping of experimental ideas
Are you a fit?
As a company we are transitioning from Java applications towards JS and Node. With that being said, we are looking for folks with experience working on user facing and JS-based web apps who can help shape our architecture and what web application engineers are at ebay in the future. We need people who bridge the gap between Java and UIE; application engineers who are passionate about products and experiences!
- Have performed UI development for mission-critical, highly available, and scalable applications.
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- A strong understanding of both progressive enhancement and AJAX-based single page applications built using MVC based framework
- Experience with the following web technologies: jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, if you have Node.js and exposure to backbone and angularjs they are pluses
- Experience with building multi-screen responsive design applications
- Must have previous experience in working in an agile team.
- Familiarity with Social media and SEO is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills targeting technical and non-technical audiences
Please watch Bill Scott’s Fluent Talk to learn more about our technology shift at our companies:http://bit.ly/1g4QMsv
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.