IT and Network Security Analyst (closed)
ROLE: IT and Network Security Analyst
SALARY: £27,000 with a clearly defined salary progression plan + excellent package
LOCATION: North Warwickshire commutable from Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, Coventry, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull, Market Harborough, Leicester, Loughborough, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Tamworth, Burton-upon-Trent, Derby
Our client is seeking a Security Analyst for their fast-growing national IT department. Our client is currently going from strength to strength, and it is an exciting time to join the company with a clear progression plan in place.
The company is looking for an IT Security Analyst to deliver activities to support IT security projects, resolve day to day IT security operational problems, conduct auditing, analysis and remediation of penetration tests, and security testing of both business applications and infrastructure.
Some general duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure deadlines are complied with in area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with company policies.
- Maintain appropriate backups and logs for data.
- Maintain an efficient and well organised filing system.
- Ensure that all documentation is archived properly and arrange its disposal at the end of the archive period.
Specifically for this role, duties encompass general server based administration. The focus of the role will be centred on the continuous maintenance of the national IT security policies, and ensuring they are in line with the company’s international policies. This includes;
- The identification of any threats to information security
- Being responsible for the co-ordination of PEN tests on the company website and other systems
- Being responsible for regular software scans to identify licensing compliance level.
This role will be suitable for someone coming with a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, who is interested in focusing on the security side of the role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft licensing models and experience of IT security monitoring and maintenance. Desirable skills and experience cover;
- Knowledge of securing Windows environments.
- Some knowledge/experience of enterprise security solutions for infrastructure and application architectures including: Microsoft, VPNs & Firewalls, VMware, anti-virus, and Penetration Testing at Network and Host level.
- Some experience of supporting Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments and Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies.
- A good understanding of best practice security controls for market leading technologies (eg Cisco, SQL and WinTel).
- Some experience of working with risk management methodologies.
- Knowledge of SAM software and Citrix/VMware/PowerShell would be highly advantageous.
Interview dates are booked for April
support, vmware, infrastructure, citrix, server, powershell, specialist, vmware administrator, vmware virtualization, citrix infrastructure, citrix administrator, infrastructure support specialist, hardware, hardware support, system analyst, compliance, server support, monitoring, reporting, service level, it support analyst, it support, citrix administration, infrastructure engineer, server engineer, server administrator, security analyst, security officer, licensing, it security, it security analyst,