Chief Development & Marketing Officer (closed)
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a new Chief Development and Marketing Officer for Family Service Agency. This position is for immediate hire and works full-time at their office in the Financial District of San Francisco, CA.
Founded in 1889, Family Service Agency has a 121-year history of innovation in services for vulnerable children, families, and adults. With a $17 million operating budget and nearly 300 employees, FSA offers an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and supportive work environment.
If you are looking for a leadership position in a forward-thinking organization where you can put your relationship building, communication, and fundraising skills to work to help us change the future of social services, FSA could be the place for you.
We offer an excellent benefits package and salaries that are well above the median for Bay Area non-profits. We are seeking a Chief Development and Marketing Officer who is passionate about fund development and communications, and excited by the idea of doing that work for a thriving organization that is a leading innovator in social and behavioral health services.
The Chief Development and Marketing Officer will develop and implement the strategy to build sustainable, unrestricted revenue streams to support growth and innovation. Strategies led by the Chief Development and Marketing Officer would include traditional development approaches such as planned, annual and deferred giving programs; annual campaigns; and foundation and corporate relationships. However, we are looking for someone whose capacities and interests extend beyond these traditional vehicles. We are seeking someone who knows and is comfortable with venture capital, the new philanthropy, social venture funding, and crowd-sourcing.
The Chief Development and Marketing Officer will also lead the organization?s communication and marketing strategy, build awareness, and strengthen the FSA brand. They will be responsible for integrated communication and fundraising strategies that include email, direct mail, social media, content marketing and other strategies.
The CDO will manage a staff of three. The CDO is part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. The department will be measured on its ability to set and meet financial goals and manage the process of sustaining and growing relationships with funders.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop organization-wide fund development strategy, facilitate execution of the strategy across departments
· Direct all internal and external communications and campaigns
· Manage the Development Department, set and meet fundraising goals
· Collaborate with program staff and provide guidance for the development and marketing of new enterprises and fee-for-service endeavors and implement innovative funding and investment plans to support FSA innovation
· Undertake direct-mail campaigns, annual appeals, and capital campaigns
· Act as the staff representative for the Development Committee?Collaborate with Board of Directors and particularly with the Development Committee in creating and advancing organizational development, branding, and marketing plans
· Develop and oversee an integrated media strategy including traditional media, new media, and social media.
· Develop and implement sustained individual donor, corporate, and foundation development programs.
· Brand management
· Ten years of experience with a track record of success
· A minimum of three years of experience in a senior management role
· Excellent Management skills with experience in fundraising, marketing and communications
· Hands-on experience building and managing marketing or fund raising programs like direct mail, email, and social media?not just management experience
· Excellent speaking and writing skills
· Strategic planning experience
· An excellent manager able to mentor and empower team members, both direct-reports and others
· Understanding of marketing communications best practices and latest communication technology
· Demonstrated and documented success
· Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including staff, consultants, board members, foundation staff, donors, business leaders, etc.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position offers a wonderful working environment and a competitive starting base salary of $110-120k (depending on experience) plus a very competitive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Scion Executive Search via email to email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM
Scion Executive Search is an executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Born out of the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization?s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.