Country Head of AML, Indonesia (closed)
Our client is one of the largest financial services businesses in Asia and the region and they are presently looking to hire a Head of Country Compliance for their AML function for Indonesia.
This role reports to a Head of Compliance for AML for the region and will function as the main Money Laundering Officer for Indonesia. The ideal person will carry out all Money Laundering Prevention and Sanctions checks in respect of the firm’s clients and other entities. This person will also be responsible for implementation of Group and local regulatory guidelines and will also work with local and group functions in operational processes and controls of the business.
- To discharge the Money Laundering Prevention Officer accountabilities set out below / in the Group Money Laundering Prevention Officer (GMLPO) Handbook, by pro-actively working with the line management in identifying and containing money laundering and terrorist financing risks; reporting suspicions and sanctions matches; monitoring the business, procedures and controls; fostering a compliance culture; and optimising relations with the anti-money laundering Authorities.
- To monitor changes to applicable laws / FATF standards in relevant jurisdictions, assess impact of these changes to the Company, advise CEO / Regional Money Laundering Prevention Officer (RMLPO) of impact, and propose and implement action plan to ensure compliance in a timely and proper manner.
- To assist line management for complying with relevant Anti Money Laundering (AML) / Countering Terrorism Financing (CTF) Regulations, including the provision of advice on money laundering prevention issues, working with the business to implement the necessary controls in operational processes.
- To monitor changes to business practices and products to ensure that money laundering deterrence procedures and controls are adequate to cover them.
- To support and co-ordinate management focus on the money laundering risk.
- In consultation with management, determine and update the money laundering risk-based approach nd the risk assessment of the Company’s customers, products and services.
- To ensure that the Company’s risk management policies, risk assessment profile and their application are adequately documented, updated and reported to Singapore CEO and Risk/Audit Committees and Board of Directors.
- To assist management to develop and maintain effective anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing compliance culture.
- To assist in the provision of regular, appropriate and adequate training to employees with a view to ensuring that the Group’s Money Laundering Prevention and Counter Terrorist Financing Policy and the Economic Sanctions Policy are adhered to.
- To act as a central point for the receipt and validation of money laundering suspicious activity reports. To report to the relevant authorities (where required under local law) and liaise with local relevant authorities.
- To report immediately to the RMLPO and to relevant senior management: all material and significant breaches or potential breaches ofAML/CTF Regulations of which the MLPO is aware;all significant suspicions of money laundering activity unless such reporting is prohibited by local law. In cases where the MLPO is unable to report confidential customer specific information then a general (anonymous) report should be submitted; and any significant cases of irreconcilable dispute with line management.
To qualify for this role, the ideal candidate would have :
- Holder of a Bachelors degree from a reputable university and possess professional qualifications in the areas of Accounting, Management, Law or Finance. Diploma in the field of Money Laundering Prevention from an accredited Body/Organization would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar role with an Asset Management firm, Wealth Management Firm or, financial institution.
Interested candidates can forward their CVs in MS Word format to email@example.com