Regional Sales Manager - Consumer Electronics Industry (closed)
- Responsible for maintaining and increasing volume levels within assigned accounts.
- Develop and implement innovative account based annual and quarterly marketing plans and activities.
- Review of marketing investments and ROI, general supervision
and responsibility for the investment of ADF funds.
- Train, inspire, support, and develop a meaningful relationship with the insides sales team, field sales, bid desk (operations) sales management, and marketing management to ensure maximum opportunity for growth within each assigned account
- Develop a strong relationship with the highest levels of executive management within each assigned account.
- Translate this relationship into an ability to go to the top when instituting programs and initiatives.
- Maintain a well-defined sales strategy for all accounts within the defined region.
- Effectively manage inventory levels, returns, stock adjustments, and defective return ratios.
- Effectively manage all required credit memos and follow-up documentation.
- Maintain a consistent program of team sales calls with sales staff and management.
- Maintain a high level of job and product knowledge, competition, maturity and judgment, teamwork, communication, creativity, productivity, time management, career development plans, ongoing sales training, etc.
- Support the Director of Sales and additional levels of upper management by assisting in reviewing and/or modifying existing policies/procedures, strategies and tactics, improving communication with all levels of the organization, undertaking specific tasks and objectives that may be assigned from time to
- Improve development of future budgets, working with corporate to reduce expenses and maintain maximum levels of operational efficiencies
- Effectively implement all corporate programs and initiatives.
- Contributeto the development of future marketing and sales programs by regularly reporting to corporate competitive pricing information, new product introductions, and promotional activities.
- Attend trade shows, conduct seminars, participate in reseller sales events, conduct product training and do executive level presentations as required.
- Travel as required to fulfill job requirements.
Individual must possess excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; also must be energetic, aggressive, committed to the product line and position, driven, competitive and success oriented. Prior years of channel experience is good but not essential to achieving success.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or other appropriate discipline, or equivalent.
- Requires at least five (5) years field sales experience in a
consumer electronics, PC or computer displays or system integration market.
- DMR or Reseller accounts.
- Experience must include high tech sales to top tier IT resellers in the Northeast, including proven success with IT Sales into Fortune 500 companies in the area.
- Must have working knowledge of how to service, sell, and support projects within target accounts. Individual must be a self-starter, with the ability to make a substantial number of calls, handle a high volume of accounts, and maintain a continuing rigorous pace.
- Excellent time management and a demonstrated ability to maintain accurate, detailed records is essential.
- Manufacturing experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Have demonstrated the ability to promote growth in territory and drive growth in POS