Java SQL Developer – MBS- Mortgage Backed Securities
A Passion to Perform. It’s what drives us. More than a claim, this describes the way we do business. We’re committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you’ll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we’re driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
We are looking for a Developer with strong Java and SQL programming skills to work for their Investment Banking - IT area. This is a great opportunity to leverage technical skills and develop sophisticated applications to support the RMBS trading desk.
The candidate will be part of a small team responsible for the design, development, testing and roll-out of front office applications developed primarily using Java, C#, Adobe Flex and Oracle. The first project will be to develop/enhance trade capture systems for the mortgage-backed securities business.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
Experience | Exposure (Recommended):
• 5+ years experience programming using Java (Core Java, J2EE, JMS).
• 3+ years of SQL experience (preferably Oracle).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with Adobe Flex 3, Spring/Struts, iBatis/Hibernate is a plus.
• Experience with C# .NET is a plus.
• Experience working with fixed income products especially MBS is a plus.
• Experience at major Wall Street financial services firms working on Front Office Applications is a plus.
Education | Certification (Recommended):
• Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) – with a minor in Finance, Mathematics or Engineerin