Director of Corporate Quality (closed)
Report this Job as Spam
Director of Quality
- Responsible for working with all functional areas of the company to successfully support and maintain our Quality Certifications (ISO, TS, etc)
- Leads implementation of new Quality Systems and Standards as assigned
- Helps assign quality personnel and quality resource to projects so they are completed on time and in the most efficient manner.
- Identifies and leads process and efficiency improvement projects in assigned Quality Departments.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as production capabilities, manufacturing problems, cost of quality, and other business metrics or issues.
- Cooperates with other top management and divisional personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals as to quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops initial and subsequent modifications of quality assurance programs and identifies areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
- Defines and initiates appropriate training for supporting quality initiatives.
- Manages and helps set continuous improvement goals for the OI cost of quality initiatives.
- Assists in the direction of assigned Divisional Quality Managers.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinate managers and supervisors as assigned to ensure that company goals and objectives are met.
- Supervise staff including interview, selection and hiring process, employee communications, performance review process and employee disciplinary process (in coordination with the human resources department).
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Windows applications.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, ie. SPC, DOE.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Management or a related field required
- Previous experience establishing quality programs.
- ISO 9000 experience.
- QS 9000 experience.
- FDA (GMP) a plus.