Project Engineer/ Energy Analyst (closed)
Horizon Engineering Associates, LLP has a position available for a Project Egineer/Energy Analyst in our New York City offices. This position reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for:
- Energy calculations and analysis using basic utility billing information typically provided by owners.
- Energy analysis and calculations using energy modeling programs based on current industries standards such as ASHRAE, LEED
- Support for Retro-Commissioning and Energy Auditing team
- Ability to generate narrative explanation of results of energy analysis for inclusion in client reporting and final reports
- Responsible for managing, scheduling and budgeting assigned projects.
- Provide weekly task lists to engineering manager for inclusion in weekly work plan.
- Capable of executing and managing tasks within time budgeted
- Maintain relations with existing clients on assigned projects.
- Support the engineering manager in the training and mentoring of team members on proper documentation development, field procedures and equipment usage.
- Support other project engineers and senior project engineers as required to maintain full utilization.
- Any special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience in engineering or related experience with a 2 year engineering technology degree.
- At least 3 years experience working with mechanical equipment and systems such as absorbers, chillers, boilers, air ventilation balancing systems and other optimization techniques.
- Experience with energy modeling programs such as Portfolio Manager, Trane Trace, Carrier HAP, Loadsoft, Degree-day modeling analysis
- Familiarity with code and standards ex. ASHRAE 90.1-2007, 62.1-2010 etc.
- EIT or CEM certification preferred.
- LEED AP preferred
- Hands-on-experience of HVAC and/or electrical systems
- Trade association participation a plus.
- Must be capable of lifting at least 30 pounds and climbing ladders
- Ability to travel