.Net Application Developer - Leading Marketing Company - London (closed)
.Net Application Developer - Leading Marketing Company - London
£35,000 to £40,000 Depending on experience
The following skills are essential for this role:
- At least 3 years of functional web application development, web programming and helping to architect and plan robust technical solutions.
- Excellent SQL Server (2005, 2008) database design, stored procedures, optimisation and general database administration skills.
- Agile, TDD, BDD.
- Experience of working with 3rd party data sources via API, FTP, file upload.
- A thorough understanding of application development using C#, Visual Studio (2008, 2010), NET (3.5, 4.0), SQL, ASP.NET (WebForms, MVC 2, 3).
- HTML, XML and XSLT.
- Excellent communication skills and personable.
Highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Task timescale estimation.
- TFS and Continuous Integration.
- SQL data warehousing skills/ BI tools.
- Data integration, de-duplication and mapping experience.
- Web design and CSS.
- Junior developer mentoring or management.
- Any experience of working in the media industry.
An application developer is required to understand business requirements and deliver relevant, quality solutions. With over 20 live applications in operation, a key part of this role involves supporting existing products and the end users. The ability to interact and communicate with different people in non-technical language is crucial.
The role would ideally suit someone who is able to work as part of a team on larger projects but can work equally well on their own on smaller tasks. We are looking for someone who is able to problem solve and research the best appropriate solutions for the task in hand but who also knows when to ask for help. You need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines at times.
You will take an active role in architecting new and existing systems to provide robust and scalable solutions that can be implemented in line with the business requirements, timescales and budgets. You must keep abreast of new technologies and will be encouraged to contribute to suggesting the appropriate technologies to use in new system development projects or changes. Key to successful delivery is the ability to understand where and how the use of technologies can be adopted appropriately with minimum risk to projects, and finding the right balance between the ideal world and the real business needs and objectives in terms of what and how to develop systems. If you can strike this balance, you will fit right in.
The development team are responsible for documenting technical specifications, reviewing documents produced by the analysts and project managers and providing estimated development timescales for project tasks. You will be expected to work closely with the rest of the team to help plan projects effectively and accurately. You will be required to communicate confidently and clearly when issues arise.
The applications you will be working on cover the width and breadth of the business, so you will gain great exposure to many diverse business aspects, including research, planning, media buying, finance, HR, trading, data analytics and much more. It is a fast paced, dynamic role, where the ability to switch between tasks quickly is essential, but you will also be working with some great people in a positive, collaborative, fun environment.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this role, apply now with your latest CV for this rare opportunity.