Director of International Logistics - Asia Pacific, Hong Kong Based (Local Plus Package) (closed)
The Director of International Logistics, APAC, is responsible for leading international logistics and engineering projects acting as a liaison between corporate offices located in the USA and the International business units. This leader must understand in detail, retail and fulfillment operational logistics best practices. This role will direct all strategic, large scale change within our logistics network that support business initiatives, growth or continuous improvement within the countries of the Asia-Pacific Region. This position will provide logistics and operational oversight to expense and logistics related capital management for each country within the APAC region and is responsible for supporting global transportation. This position is responsible for reporting international KPIs and requires international travel. The individual will be fully engaged in the APAC region and goals defining success will be tied to APAC regional goals as well as corporate goals. Regional leadership provides input regarding performance.
- Provides project oversight and direction for key corporate and regional logistics initiatives within each country with focus on projects such as the development of our APAC logistics network, Omni-channel initiatives, in-sourcing fulfillment and capital projects for the company
- Responsible for project development and execution of our strategic, engineering and supply chain initiatives including network planning, process improvement, materials handling systems design and IT initiatives within our international distribution centers.
- Will drive best in class operations and act as a project leader and/or subject matter expert. This will include building and sustaining 3PL solutions worldwide. Reports progress for each country efforts monthly.
- Provides project design, justification and financial analysis, (return on investment, cost/benefit, capital budgeting) for capital planning and approvals.
- Develop the needs of capital committee and executive reporting.
- Will drive global best practices and services within logistics including metrics and measures of performance in quality, service, safety and efficiency.
- Cultivates cross functional partnerships while shaping expectations of logistics staff worldwide.
- Supports Global Transportation efforts worldwide i.e. ocean carrier bid evaluations, 3PL contracts, etc.
- Create timelines, project documents, budgets and staffing/resource plans to gain approval for project delivery
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors of Industrial Engineering, SC Management or Equivalent, or Bachelors in a related area supported by work experience in the field of logistics or Supply Chain.
- Masters in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management Preferred
- Must speak fluent English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Must be willing to relocate within APAC region as business needs dictate
- Certification or associations in International Logistics, Project Management, Supply Chain, Material Handling and/or Industrial Engineering and related fields a plus
- International operations experience in distribution or fulfillment and all aspects of project management (Design, Budgeting, Planning and Implementation), Operations Management, Engineering Management and Project Management delivering large scale construction, MHE or operations projects, capital management and planning.
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of WMS, Warehouse Control Systems and Labor Management Systems required.