EPIC Implementation Analyst (closed)
Iowa Health Systems consist of 25 hospitals and more that 140 physician clinics in Iowa and western Illinois. They have nearly 20,000 employees. Conduct 2.5 million patient visits and produce annual revenues of $2 billion. Currently Iowa Health Systems is implementing EMR with the use of EPIC Hospital. They will conducting three go lives with several of their hospital before March 1, 2012. The project will be a multi year project
---------------EPIC Modules involved:---------------------
Consultant Role and Location:
Location: Des Moines, IA and Cedar Rapids, IA
Assists with implementations and conversions of software products. Responsible for implementation and support of applications. Identifies enterprise wide application requirements and communicates solutions to clients while promoting standardization. Uses operational expertise to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of solutions to provide clients with high quality, efficient products. Maintains and supports all installed application software products
• Reviews module enhancement specifications incorporating standardization guidelines into tailoring specifications and performs integration tests on delivered enhancements.
• Assures compliance with federal, state, and local laws or regulations. Effectively prepares and complies with voluntary accreditation as accepted by the healthcare organizations we serve.
• Understands global contract issues related to applications.
• Provides input into preparation of project plans and monitors own task schedule.
• Acts as project lead as assigned by managers.
• Works collaboratively with other IT group members to ensure optimal application
• Participates in and coordinates status meeting and conference calls as needed
for assigned projects.
• Assists with training and development of staff.
• Provides night and weekend on-call coverage as scheduled. May assume additional on-call responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
• Works closely with other department teams to ensure efficient and effective implementation of project solutions.
• Provides project status reports on a regular basis for assigned active projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science. Equivalent education and work experience will be accepted only if previous experience applies to specific systems. .Prefer experience in Emergency Department procedures and systems. Advanced industry specific training and certification preferred.
Project Length: Initially a 3 month term then convert to full time. Client would like the opportunity to hire the person at a salary max $75,000 per year.