DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
On the direction of the project managers, implement design solutions for our client’s customers following scope documentation and architecture established by the Senior Software Developer.
Develop, test, and document software for projects and products, including preparing test plans, and performing unit and integration tests. Ensure that all deliverables leaving the department are tested and documented according to our clients standards.
Maintain a sense of urgency with respect to customer/project issues.
Develop and enhance core/backbone of our client’s products using our client’s coding processes and methodologies. Document the entire process.
Develop components for new hardware (bank, pin pad, smartcards, wireless networks).
Analyze and debug software prior to passing it on to the installation team including performing unit and functionality tests. Ensure the fix is tested, documented, and distributed.
Support the development team by doing product certification testing prior to its release.
Be a team player to Project Managers by completing tasks on time, providing task(s) progress, completing project documents and reporting time spent accurately.
Develop and enhance personal understanding of the Retail Financial Transaction Industry, and related industries.
REQUIRED: Min. 5 Years related Work Experience
PREFERRED: Experience in the retail or banking industry an asset.
- C/C# and object oriented development.
- Sound knowledge of problem-solving and debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network and sockets programming.
- Knowledge of Windows NT/2K/XP, OS/2, and Linux internals.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, LAN, WAN, and device drivers.
- Knowledge of data networks, operating systems, financial transactions, and POS functionality.
- Experience with retail applications and technology.
- Experience with smart cards, POS devices and wireless data networks.