Entry-Level Instructional Designer (Cincinnati) (closed)
TiER1 is looking for an energetic, entry-level Instructional Designer that is passionate about learning and human performance.
Instructional Designers are a key interface to clients on TiER1 learning projects. As a TiER1 ID, you will work with clients to perform needs analysis and define highly creative, interactive solutions that will effectively address the learning objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills are a requirement. Knowledge of, and classroom application of instructional design models such as the ADDIE model is a plus. The ideal individual will also have a variety of technical skills including exposure to Flash, Lectora, Articulate, and/or other products useful in the creation of e-Learning.
The candidate should be experienced in both instructional design and project management. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Must have co-op, intern and/or academic experience in instructional design and adult education.
- Must have practical experience in applying the ADDIE model as well as experience in using a variety of products useful in the creation of eLearning.
- Must be able to see the big picture and recognize where instructional design fits into the overall project model.
- Has the ability to quickly absorb great amounts of information and break it down to teachable segments.
- Demonstrated experience designing engaging learning experiences.
- Demonstrated history of working well with subject matter experts.
- Is a creative problem-solver and is not afraid to accept challenges.
- Demonstrated history of thriving in a collaborative environment and is a strong team player.
- Creates highly effective learning solutions in a profitable manner.
- Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Some travel may be required.
Location: Covington, KY;
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume, portfolio overview, sample storyboard, sample eLearning piece (or screen shots), and a one page “case study” describing the client need and results to help us evaluate the quality of your work. TiER1 respects your need to keep client work confidential so altered logos, text, etc. are acceptable.