Audit Senior Manager – Financial Institutions( Job Number: 024240)
DescriptionGrant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 30,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition…to be the firm that makes a difference, every day.
We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes. Ultimately, we see our audit as more than just numbers and compliance. Our goal is to help our clients better understand their business. We consider it our job to keep our clients informed all year long of accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may impact their business.
AUDIT SENIOR MANAGER - FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Would you like to join a team of trusted business advisors passionate about providing their clients with superior audits and exceptional service? Grant Thornton’s core business is auditing financial statements and we understand that to deliver a truly quality audit, the underlying activities and operations that give rise to the accounting entries, need to be reviewed and understood. We provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple audit client engagements in the Financial Institutions (banking) industry with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with client personnel in order to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with and service assigned audit client base to make recommendations on business improvement, process improvement and serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Understand and manage firm risk on all assigned audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor audit staff on assigned audit projects and assess their performance for audit engagement and their year-end reviews.
- Play a key role in future business generation by identifying new business opportunities through networking within the banking industry.
- Actively participate in the on-going recruitment efforts of audit talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development events, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Having a MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive audit experience in medium to large public accounting firm or equivalent. Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Active CPA license is required.
- Significant audit experience in the Financial Services industry, with a strong focus in banking and financial institutions.
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills, including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in practice development and business development activities.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Previous audit experience within the Financial Service industry including, but not limited to, banking, financial institutions and mortgage companies.
- Travel Percentage: could go up to 40%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.
- US-New York-New York
New York - Downtown(644)
60 Broad Street
New York 10004