Swaps Project Manager- NYC- Investment Bank (closed)
Project Manager- Equity IT
This PM has to be a superstar, senior and knowledgeable as this person will be running the project not only from IT side but covering overall IT and Business requirements/coordination.
Prime Finance Technology sits within the overall Equities IT organization, supporting both Equity Finance/Delta One Trading & Operations as well as the newly created and expanding Prime Services offering.
The Equity Finance/Delta One business straddles both the classic Equity Derivatives business area and also the traditional Equity Finance function.
As such this desk is trading both flow equity derivatives as well as Equity Swaps (Basket Swaps, CFDs or TRS). From a classical financing perspective, product coverage extends to Borrow/Loan; Repo; Collateral; Interest Rate Swaps. The platform portfolio spans across a number of distinct applications to support this product set.
The Equity Finance business has embarked on an ambitious investment program of the current infrastructure. As a consequence there are a number of greenfield projects as well as step changes to current systems to support the business growth plans.
Our client seeks a Project Manager with immediate project to cover: Equity Finance Delta One Business expansion to Canada. This involves the setup of a new legal entity on the derivative trading platform, integration into the local Canadian downstream applications, in addition to defining an operating model for the Business in conjunction with the relevant Support Functions.
- The successful candidate will work directly with Front office Business Management and Sales and trading based in NY, Operations, Finance, Compliance & Technology teams across multiple locations to scope, plan and execute the project.
- Work with FO Business Management and Support functions to define the appropriate operating model for the Business.
- Navigate through the organization to find the right people in the right teams with whom to discuss requirements and ensure BAs are brought in at the right time to document functional requirements
- Manage project budgets directly
- Establish and run relevant project governance forums for on-going status updates and re-prioritization decisions with business sponsors as required
Preferred (although not essential):
Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodologies & the advantages and disadvantages of both
- Budget Management
- Accurate identification of risks & issues
- Proven ability to escalate
- Equity Swap Pricing
- Equity Derivative Lifecycle Knowledge – essential, particularly Equity Swap/Portfolio Swap
- Market Data: Dividends, Index Composition
- Experience working on a Portfolio Swap platform
- Proven delivery track record in helping to solve and manage complex business requirements and delivering a project that requires effort across multiple and globally disparate teams.
- Sophis Experience (in particular Basket Swap Model) would be an advantage
- Clarity or similar Project Management and Time Tracking Application
- Problem solver
- Organized – ability to manage multiple streams of work being done concurrently in order to meet defined milestones
- Confident, assertive and results orientated
- Strong team player
- Proactive, able to act on initiative
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must have worked in and delivered within a “matrix” management environments
- It is expected that he candidate has min 5 yrs experience