Get daily alerts with jobs like this:
By providing us with your information, you agree to become a Bullhorn Reach User,
Report this Job as Spam
We are looking for Data Warehouse Developer to work directly for our client in Blooming Grove, NY.
The Data Warehouse Developer’s role is to create and maintain applications for various business units across the organization and perform troubleshooting of issues as they occur. This individual must be familiar with the Oracle environment as well as Microsoft Visual Studio. This individual will use proven knowledge of specialized tools to develop solutions as required.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily responsible for the Business Requirements, Design, Development, Test, and Deployment phases of a project.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to document business requirements and goals.
- Follow departmental policies related to standards, methods and procedures, tool usage,
- Support customized programs throughout the data warehouse including but not limited to those written in PL/SQL, Visual Basic, and .NET framework.
- Develop routines, procedures, and applications to facilitate best practices for end-users.
- Support the research and resolution of data warehouse errors.
- Provide assistance to users as needed.
- Support ad-hoc requests as well as formalized requests.
- Provide after-hours support on an as-needed basis.
- Perform work breakdown structure defining all the steps required to complete a project.
- Assess the level of effort of a project and deliver within the indicated timeline.
- Create User Guides for application s/he has developed.
- Provide training to end users for applications s/he develops.
- Meet committed deadlines by putting in the required work effort including overtime as needed.
- Partner with other organizations and team members to achieve results. For example, work with Data Center staff for a joint application interface and/or data exchange.
- Work with support team to resolve cross-departmental issues.
- Update trouble ticket system with status.
- Update project status in Microsoft Project.
- Document methods and procedures for various Data Warehouse activities.
- Write jobs/procedures to Extract, Transform, and Load data.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes in systems across the organization.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer/technical field or related experience.
- 3 - 5 years of progressive experience in database design, analysis and programming throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in an Oracle 10g (or higher) RDBMS environment.
- Proven experience with report writing and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Demonstrated Oracle application development experience and tuning (i.e. SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Quest Software’s Toad or similar tool).
- At least 2 years developing Microsoft Visual Studio.NET applications with concentration on ETL and end user applications.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of relational database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, tactful, and flexible dealing with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Work experience at a Multi System Operator (MSO) offering video, voice and data products.
- Additionally, experience in any of the following technologies:
- IBM’s Cognos 7 or higher.
- Oracle Application Express.
- MS SQL Server.
- Version control software.
****Ask about our generous referral program *****