Oracle Application Developer / Engineer (closed)
Established Retailers seeking an experience Oracle developer to work as part of an IT retail team with strong problem solving and analytical skills. You must be able to communicate effectively with IT Management throughout all stages of design and development phases and integrate tasks and timelines into a plan. Must be able manage time effectively and work on multiple project timelines.
- Monitor interfaces to anticipate issues and understand the methodology to investigate technical and data issues using an application debugging function.
- Skill set required to maintain and enhance (new interfaces, custom triggers,etc.) software application.
- Will be required to develop and maintain interfaces programs including writing queries to look at data in tables.
- Develop reports using database schema that meets customer requirements.
Experience with large scale complex application development required. In addition, a working knowledge of lifecycle methodology for development, structured testing and defect management will be needed. Candidate will be responsible for supporting a database environment consisting of primarily Oracle & SQL databases in a clustered and non-clustered platforms. Minimum of 6 + years of Oracle server administration and development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Oracle PL/SQL developer with 10G or 11G(upgrading from 10G to 11G).
- Must have excellent SQL and PL/SQL knowledge to maintain interfaces program (fix issues, update) + write queries to look at data in the table.
- Experience in Oracle tuning and the ability to work in Unix, Linux.
- Experience in Java, Application Servers or Pro*C a big plus.
- Capability to create scripts using Java, Perl or Oracle SQL to enhance applications
- Unix knowledge to launch application programs manually.
- Shell Scripting + well versed with Oracle Programming Errors using Packages, Procedures and Functions + Exposure to some Oracle Analytical Functions would be a Plus
- Must understand the methodology to investigate technical and data issues.
- Should be able to solve any issues on the oracle side (tables locked, access error).
- Perform database performance analysis to ensure disk allocations are optimum.
- Back up (or versioning) of files on the UNIX server (JAR/SQL/Pro*C).
- Assist with the installation of patches or version updates on Unix Servers.
Advises, consults and coordinates with:
- IT Management
- Internal personnel.
- Store Owners/Members