Support Business Analyst (closed)
SUPPORT BUISNESS ANALYST /COORDINATOR
This role will involve providing application support for Investment banking applications, web based applications, project management, business analysis, and server support.
The person will also be managing projects of his/her own, and will be team member of other projects. Person should be an independent worker, enthusiastic about technology, and team oriented.
Strong in oral and written communications. Must be able to interact with users and other technical staff at all levels of the organization.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- 2-8 years working as project manager / coordinator including:
- Web Technologies
- Server Support
- Application / User Support
- User Support
- MS Windows Clients, MS Office,
- Strong communications skills
- Project management skills
- Experience in support related environment
- Preferred but not required
- CRM experience
- Financial Industry experience, especially Investment banking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the details of the IB specific SharePoint, web based, and related applications and support the users respectively.
- Identify project details, organize respective projects and manage the respective activities.
- Gather business requirements, developing functional designs, test scripts and test plans, and developing of process maps and functional diagrams to lead into technical solutions.
- Strong business analysis skills (requirement gathering, analysis, functional specs)
- Work with different business units to define IT needs, workflows, business flows and IT requirements and document as such
- Manage application upgrade/downgrade processes on servers and perform routine check-ups
- Assist in development and deployment of systems for evaluation, user acceptance, testing and training
- Install, configure, upgrade and test various Banking related desktop related software, i.e., DeaLogic, CapIQ, Thompson Banker, SDC Platinum, etc. following new releases or upon user requests.
- Support Information Services group and the Energy group for their specialized software needs.
- Support users in computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems in day to day issues, image PCs, and coordinate efforts with Branch Support.
- Work with various IT teams for problem-solving, monitoring, and installing various hardware and software.
- Be up to date and familiar with latest hardware and software technologies.
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct application diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new applications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or various Engineering groups for service and resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
Thursday, February 07, 2013, 10:34:43 AM