Senior SAGD Reservoir Engineer
One of our clients, an operating company involved in oil sands within Alberta's Athabasca region, has a requirement for a Senior Reservoir Engineer to join the organization. This position provides great career potential and opportunities to be part of a growing company.
The individual will be reporting to the Manage. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Reservoir Engineer to consult, provide and be an integral part of the thermal recovery of heavy oil and/or bitument in our Calgary based office. In this role, the candidated will work as part of the technical team in developing the oil sands and heavy oil properties in Alberta and Saskachewan.
- Conducting reservoir simulation studies on thermal recovery projects of heavy oil and bitumen
- Working closely with geoscientists in building geomodels of the company's oil sands and heavy oil projects
- Providing engineering input into the design of the drilling, completion and equipping of SAGD well pairs
- Conducting economic evaluation as required on the company's development projects
- Developing depletion plans for the company's oil sands and heavy oil projects
- Providing engineering and economic input for potential acquisition opportunities
As the ideal candidate, you will have at least five years experience on thermal recovery of heavy oil and/or bitumen with 10 years of reservoir engineering experience. You will hold a Bachelor of Science in Engineerig and have previous experience in SAGD projects.
Your background will include:
- A minimum of five years of experience in reservoir simulation, preferably in thermal recovery methods
- A minimum of five years experience in conducting economic evaluations
- A proven team player in a multi-discipline work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable and able to work in an evolving and changing environment
- Adaptablity and flexibility in the work environment