Business Analyst - Financial Markets - NYC (closed)
Follow us at www.makosi.com/social
Makosi does Project Work. We provide operational and change related project staffing to deliverable based project execution & consulting services. Our clients include some of the largest banks, brokerages, asset managers and hedge funds globally.
We require a Business Analyst with experience in Derivatives Operations with strong trade life-cycle & x-asset class understanding. Candidate's should have an excellent understanding of Project Management and SDLC life-cycles/methodologies and ideally be qualified in CBAP or IIBA certifications. Strengths in applications such as Excel, Visio and MS Project will be considered favorably.
Soft skills that are critical include a strong sense of accountability and ownership, high levels of motivation and an ability to build strong working relationships and influence positive outcomes
Daily duties will include:
• Business analysis, system requirements engineering, test management, project administration and implementation.
• Interviews with stakeholders, drafting process maps and narratives, gathering functional requirements, analyzing data records and peer reviews
• Developing business requirement documents, Functional Specifications, test plans, timeline, and stakeholder roles and responsibilities.
• Involvement in the test case/script writing and UAT execution process with stakeholders and IT
• Identify analysis and design issues/risks
• Fully document analysis carried out such as gap analysis, production of process flows, use cases and scenario’s
• Good knowledge of SDLC and Project Management methodologies Proven ability of effective management of project issues and risks
• Constructively challenge and review traditional working practices ensuring potential improvements are known and considered.
• Assist the business area in developing user procedures, process documentation and training materials to ensure smooth integration of new systems functionality into daily processes.
• Post implementation review and post mortem
Detailed product knowledge across the key asset classes as well as the associated trade lifecycles.
• Minimum 3 years medium sized business analysis experience in complex Financial Operational environments
• Organised and methodical approach coupled with an understanding of project methodologies
• Proven ability of effective management of project issues and risks
• Proficient in MS Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps, Macros, VBA), MS Project & Visio
Makosi offers above average remuneration, medical insurance, 401K, training and other benefits