Business Analyst: Tax/Operations - Jersey City (closed)
Global Tax Operations is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with tax requirements across all jurisdictions in which our client has an active customer base. Given the recent spate of regulations, there are a number of initiatives within Global Tax to address them. The projects around tax touch many other parts of the firm as the team is reliant on both reference/static data and transactional data to properly comply with the tax rules.
An experienced (>7yrs) Business Analyst who will analyse & document the process, systems integration from an operational perspective, create Service Level Agreements (SLA) for hand-offs between departments. For this programme the focus is on the design, development and integration of common centralized Withholding Tax (WHT) components for emerging and future tax legislation.
Work with key stakeholders to understand the proposed business model and create detailed process flows along with procedures and SLA. The business model may include both strategic and tactical elements to ensure compliance with regulatory deadlines.
• Work with Tax Operations for any change requests to requirements; document change, socialize the new/amended requirement and work with IT to integrate into functional design.
• Participate in detailed walkthroughs / presentations of functional specifications to facilitate business sign off and development handover
• Assist with migration to strategic platform, including developing conversion plan, gap analysis and RAID log maintenance.
• Transparent and appropriately detailed communication and engagement with stakeholders
• Active risk management and escalation
• 3+ years financial industry experience
• 3+ years in change management
• Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills and an excellent communicator at all levels
• Must possess excellent documentation skills
• Must be delivery-focused and able to meet aggressive delivery dates.
• US IRS Tax Regulations knowledge preferred