Supply Chain Analytics Senior Manager
Job Title: Supply Chain Analytics Solution Architect Sr. Manager
Location: Location Negotiable, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta, Boston
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 257,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$27.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2012. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
The Solution Architect (SA) plays a critical client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into a solution that can be configured from a standard set of Accenture offerings. The SA operates as a single point of contact or as part of a team (on large deals with multiple SAs) accountable from origination to deal closure and lead delivery and/or the transition to the delivery organization(s). Work with multiple SAs for standard offerings within Accenture.
Business Development Support:
- Understand and translate buyer requirements into a tailored solution offering deal approach, solution plan, proposal and cost estimate leveraging standard process methods, deliverables and the right collection of offerings
- Preparing the BD spend estimate, schedule, work plan, resource/sourcing plan
- Understanding and clearly defining the inputs required to create cost estimates;
- Preparing the cost model estimates working with delivery organization(s), Solution Management (if applicable) to deliver the defined scope of services
- Clearly articulate infrastructure/technology, tools and analytical capabilities required
- Collaborating as a key member of the sales team to represent the solution offering to the client buyer and other internal Accenture groups
- Aligning final solution architecture (including statement of work, schedules and other contractual documents) with final terms and conditions
- Driving the necessary sign-off of the solution with proper input from the Operating Groups on client business objectives, industry, risk assessment, budget and preferences (see service group rules/process and escalation approach for specifics)
- Managing the sales team, Subject Matter Experts required during the sales process and the communication/ collaboration with the delivery organization(s)
- Directing and coordinating with Legal & Commercial and Corporate teams in areas specific to the solution to ensure use of standards
- Collaborating with the Operating Groups to provide input to Terms and Conditions and in some cases accountable for specific contractual terms and conditions
- Interfacing with the delivery organization/s to ensure effective transition, shape services, collaborate on clear solution assumptions, determine appropriate service delivery locations and related cost to deliver
- Orchestrating the action points coming out of the opportunity Quality Assurance process
Project Manager Role:
- Responsible and accountable
for the coordinated management of multiple projects
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Define and initiate projects, and assign Project Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within the team
- Lead delivery teams to develop and interpret analytical models, conduct analysis to gain insights into client business problems, propose solutions and quantify the improvements in Supply Chain metrics. The process involves -
- Understanding / validating the business problem
- Conducting adhoc analysis to gain insights
- Define data requirements for modeling and detailed analysis
- Identifying technology, infrastructure and tools required
- Validate design and develop data models
- Communicate analytic outputs to clients and clearly communicate the business value
- Make recommendations in terms of changes in strategies or tactics driven by analytical insights
- Create plan and methodology to track results of analytic implementation
- Identify additional opportunities
Travel as required (to 80%)
- Undergraduate/Graduate Degree in quantitative disciplines such as Statistics/ Econometrics/ Mathematics/ Operations Research, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years Analytics Delivery Experience in a consulting firm
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in predictive analytics, statistical modeling using SAS, SPSS, R or any other analytical/ statistical packages
- Minimum of 3 years of supply chain experience (examples: Demand Forecast, Inventory Optimization, Network Optimization, Predictive Asset Maintenance etc)
- Exceptional presentation skills - dynamic presenter with ability to convey technology and business value propositions.
- Proficient understanding of integration, analytics and database technologies
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills - able to present to CXO's
- Able to explain complex concepts in non-technical language
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.