Strategic Account Manager (closed)
Vyatta, a Brocade company, is looking for a key Product Specialist Account Manager for the NE U.S. Region. With the Brocade/ Vyatta merger, this is an opportunity to be a part of the thought leadership in the Software Defined Networking (SDN) space. As the Vyatta product advocate this role will aggressively pursue new business and be uniquely positioned to leverage existing Brocade customer relationships in some of their biggest markets - and reap the rewards. Brocade set all time revenue records last year and we are poised to do even better in 2013.
Vyatta, a Brocade Company, is disrupting the networking industry by delivering a software-based network operating system that leverages cost-effective x86 servers as well as common virtualization and cloud computing platforms. Vyatta software provides a complete enterprise-class routing and security suite capable of uniquely addressing the next-generation infrastructure requirements of flexibility, on-demand delivery and platform independence. Thousands of physical and virtual infrastructures around the world, from small enterprise to Fortune 500 customers, are connected and protected by Vyatta.
Brocade is an industry leader in data center networking solutions and services that enable organizations to manage their most vital information assets. It’s no wonder that Global 500 companies rely on Brocade technology to keep their businesses running around the clock. Brocade has pioneered the technologies that enable highly reliable and secure data center connectivity. Today most of the world’s data flows through Brocade equipment and data center networks built on Brocade technology.
Job Description/ Results:
1. Meet and Exceed quarterly and annual revenue/quota through the management and execution of the Vyatta sales process.
2. Develop a comprehensive sales strategy and a sales plan which ensures consistent achievement of objectives over the short and long term for your coverage model.
3. Build lasting, meaningful relationships with other members of management, team, and prospect/customer community. Be viewed as a key asset to the corporation.
4. Build and align with Vyatta’s sales Go-to-Market plan to develop and own accountability for region’s market segmentation and targeted accounts.
5. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize Vyatta’s dealings with the marketplace covered.
6. Develop essential internal relationships to provide the support necessary to manage accounts and close deals.
7. Communicate accurate and realistic forecast information to me and the management team per our process and policy. Manage all daily and weekly NetSuite requirements.
8. Communicate market reaction and needs back to headquarters in a productive manner. Take an active role in solving problems which involve other functional areas, not just “dumping problems at the factory door.” Take the lead in prioritizing the needs of customers, so that Engineering and other functional areas can focus on the right tasks and issues. Help, for example, in making the trade-off between one feature and another, or between the needs of future versus current customers.
1. Proven ability to thrive and excel in a lean, fast-paced, dynamic environment with high performance expectations and the ability to get the most out of resources.
2. Strong analytical and business deal-making capability, ability to ferret out opportunities, create positive relationships, find the hidden issues during due diligence, and bring the transaction to closure successfully.
3. Demonstrate a well-developed, effective, consultative, relationship-building approach to selling Vyatta into the market.
4. Experience pioneering new markets. Demonstrated track record in the planning, development, and implementation of new business activity involving leading-edge technology. Has created a market around a set of new products or service concepts.
5. Demonstrate the ability to recruit top performers and to coach them to do their best. The ability to create an environment conducive to stellar performance that is also consistent, predictable and cost sensitive.
6. The ability to grow revenues to a substantial level, proven ability to “scale;” bookings growth and net-new customers.
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written. Can tell the product story in a credible and compelling manner.
8. Extensive negotiation and contract development experience.
Minimum of two of the following areas of expertise: (i) application and core
technology (database, operating systems, application platforms, hardware,
networking); (ii) Internet solution selling (service, hardware, software); and/or (iii)
networking, security and/or application optimization experience (iv) preferred as one
of two: Networking, cloud, internet solutions
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal marketing, technology, implementation, and product development teams
- Consultative/solutions sales experience
- Requires 7-10+ years, seasoned sales professional with outside/direct sales experience carrying quota.
- Proven experience working with value added resellers and channel partners
- Successful track record working within team environments
- Successful track record with notable accomplishments
- 4-year college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Travel required 25-50%
• Meets exceeds above experience detail
• Strong analytical and management skills
• Proven success
• Excellent presentation and closing skills
• Strong communication, presentation, listening skills
• Excellent client interfacing skills
• Good business and time management skills
• High energy and enthusiastic
• Ability to operate and excel in a changing or unstructured environments found in start-up businesses environment
Brocade is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.